IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo - cancelled tonight
9/1/19, 1:18 PM   #1
Kokomo - cancelled tonight
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Kokomo has cancelled for tonight Sunday, September 1st

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/1/19, 1:41 PM   #2
Non wing lover

Why no make- up date like next Sunday?

3 members like this post: Indy1808, nathans1012, tirespinner
9/1/19, 5:33 PM   #3
Re: Kokomo - cancelled tonight
racefan20

So they cancelled on 2 tenths of an inch and dry all afternoon.....and a good forecast for tomorrow????

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/1/19, 10:32 PM   #4
Josh Spencer

It was much more than 2 tenths of rain. It rained steady and sometimes hard from 10 to about 3 and then the sun came out and yes it was nice. They busted there asses to get the race in, but it just didn’t work out! Instead of bashing or saying this or that, say “thanks” because these track owners get sick of people saying they pulled the plug just because.

I’m sure they will sell the track to you and you can run and race anytime you want?

Josh Spencer

9/1/19, 11:58 PM   #5
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer View Post
It was much more than 2 tenths of rain. It rained steady and sometimes hard from 10 to about 3 and then the sun came out and yes it was nice. They busted there asses to get the race in, but it just didn’t work out! Instead of bashing or saying this or that, say “thanks” because these track owners get sick of people saying they pulled the plug just because.

I’m sure they will sell the track to you and you can run and race anytime you want?

Josh Spencer
Well Josh I guess the national weather service must have been lying. But they still had tomorrow and they might have gotten a few that raced DuQuoin tonight. Ive seen them pull miracles getting races in there guess it just wasnt in the cards tonight.

Oh and after I win the lottery I'll give them a call.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 9/2/19 at 12:03 AM.

2 members like this post: Adolph, Rpracing1
9/2/19, 1:37 AM   #6
Spi-nex

You have to consider that most people already have plans for Labor Day. Fans, drivers and employees. You can't knee jerk a reschedule on a holiday weekend and expect good results. If there was a rain date advertised in advance (like they do for the Klash), then maybe.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo - cancelled tonight