IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway MSCS & Fireworks July 4th Thursday
7/4/19, 10:41 PM   #11
kcarm92

Lets not blame it all on the mods, how about the 1/2hr -45 minutes of packing the track back in after Sprint heats

4 members like this post: 3Cfan, dusty tracks, highasspirations24p, tirespinner
7/4/19, 10:47 PM   #12
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Now I am sort of glad I am not there!

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, tirespinner
7/4/19, 10:55 PM   #13
Bill Angel

They could save a lot of $ if they told the announcing crew to stay home. Can't hear a word and it gets worse every week.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/4/19, 11:47 PM   #14
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Hopkins kinser darland your top 3 MSCS

7/4/19, 11:52 PM   #15
Re: Paragon Speedway MSCS & Fireworks July 4th Thursday
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

I know it was about Late Models but, Thank you for that bit of News. Got to see these two young men race Quarter Midgets.

7/4/19, 11:58 PM   #16
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

They ran the mods first at Macon tonight also. Then they had an outstanding race with the late models in the Herald & Review 100. Gordy Gundaker stole the win away from Bobby Pierce at the line. I’m sure all you die hard late model fans here already knew that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlin-Hoosier View Post
I know it was about Late Models but, Thank you for that bit of News. Got to see these two young men race Quarter Midgets.

7/5/19, 12:58 AM   #17
3Cfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
Lets not blame it all on the mods, how about the 1/2hr -45 minutes of packing the track back in after Sprint heats
Very true Kenny. They should have run the MSCS B main after the Paragon sprint heats.Then could have run the MSCS Feature first before the fireworks. But the first 5 laps of the mods was a demo derby.

2 members like this post: kcarm92, tirespinner
7/5/19, 2:07 AM   #18
Jerry Shaw

That was a wild one to start the weekend off with, that's for sure! For most of the race it looked like no one had anything for Jordan Kinser. There were times that he stretched his lead out to half a straightaway or more. But once AJ Hopkins got around Dave Darland, he immediately started reeling Dakota Jackson in, who was in second. At the same time Dakota was starting to cut into Jordan’s margin. Kyle Cummins was also running up fast through the field after a flat right rear caused him to go to the work area, earlier. And Shane Cockrum was making his way through the running order, until he ended up over turn 4 to end his night. Then, after a late yellow, you had Kinser, Jackson and Hopkins nose to tail. Those that go to LPS a lot, knew that this late in the race, if you had Hopkins a little more than 2 car lengths away from the lead, that some aggression was about to ensue. And that it did. A big slider coming out of turn 1, into turn 2. He slides up the track, there's contact with Jackson. Jackson is over the ledge, turned over on his side. Obviously not the execution on that move that AJ had intended. And Dakota had to be restrained by track personnel before he got to where AJ's car was parked for the red. And in the crowd you had people screaming at each other and the policeman working that area had to intervene to get that diffused. Then when things got back underway, as soon as the green flew again AJ, undeterred, set his sights on the leader. This time the slider was thrown on the mark, he grabbed the lead and after a short battle with Kinser, he took control and drove to the win. Some cheers. Quite a few of boos. It's going to be an interesting weekend. Also, a nice night's work for Darland. Shane Cottle and Bill Rose, as well. And you've got to take you hat off to Josh Hodges. He's here racing hard tonight and tomorrow night, he and his car are on the entry list at a track 400 miles away. That's a warrior, right there. Dave is headed there, too. I don't need to tell you he's a warrior. You already know that.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/5/19 at 4:05 AM.

7/5/19, 5:42 AM   #19
BrentTFunk

I almost went but had to into work for an hour at 6am. What time were the sprint features over?

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
7/5/19, 7:11 AM   #20
popham

Typical Hopkins, one of these days he will get what’s coming to him. I don’t understand why any car owner would want to be associated with him, let alone keep repairing all the stuff he tears up.

4 members like this post: 4J Motorsports, Dieselmatt88, scott22, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway MSCS & Fireworks July 4th Thursday