IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Open Wheel Racin' Fest & Fireworks Extravaganza 4/8
4/9/17, 2:11 AM   #61
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
T Mez in victory lane "I don't know what it looked like to everyone else, but I just
whooped everyone's ass". 😂😂😂

He sure did. That was worth the wait.
Love T Mez speaking his mind!

3 members like this post: bighd0522, wildman92, WinglessLovers
4/9/17, 8:50 AM   #62
Eatin Dirt

Man, been a long time since I've seen 4 heats as good as last night. Feature was fun to watch Tmez "whoop ass", but I really didn't care for the new double wide restarts. Just seemed to me a couple times guys lost spots they had worked hard to get.

7 members like this post: 2fast4u, dshort36, FishBurger, Jerry Shaw, oppweld, ronmil, Steve Wendel
4/9/17, 9:43 AM   #63
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt View Post
Man, been a long time since I've seen 4 heats as good as last night. Feature was fun to watch Tmez "whoop ass", but I really didn't care for the new double wide restarts. Just seemed to me a couple times guys lost spots they had worked hard to get.
I think this is a MSCS policy. Not to fond of it myself, dont think it is really needed in nonwing sprints.

4/9/17, 2:51 PM   #64
Re: Indiana Open Wheel Racin' Fest & Fireworks Extravaganza
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Heats were fantastic, but the program was too long. I feel the double wide restarts contributed to a lot of the cautions. Hope they rethink this rule. Glad to see every one for another season of racing at LPS and what a great turnout of fans.
A long night at the track can be expected to happen a few times a season when you attend races every weekend, so I am not complaining too loudly. But, as I said above, I don't think the double wide restarts are a good idea.

5 members like this post: 2fast4u, DirtHawk92, dshort36, Steve Wendel, Will Shunk
4/9/17, 2:52 PM   #65
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt View Post
I have a feeling that Helfrich and his team did not just do this on a whim. I would assume a lot of thinking went into this decision of a format. I would think they would now weigh drivers and officials along with fan inputs to see if any further tweaking is required, maybe after a few events to get a true test sampling. They are not ones to leave many stones unturned. I liked it. JMO of course!

PS.....I think turn one issues, big car count , fireworks and FOUR classes accounted for the long night issues.

Dang Ron you passed me double file about the I64 line on way home!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 4/9/17 at 4:05 PM.

3 members like this post: bigvee, ronmil, wildman92
4/9/17, 4:44 PM   #66
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I wasn't there, But the times I've seen double file restarts for NW sprints, It either accomplished one of two things. Added a ton of more cautions because of the cars being bunched up. Or totally screwed one row or the other (Tracks all on the cush so outside takes off and inside loses several or it's Huggy Pole and the outside is screwed)

That being said, I think it helps winged racing.

2 members like this post: Steve Wendel, Will Shunk
4/9/17, 5:26 PM   #67
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I wasn't there, But the times I've seen double file restarts for NW sprints, It either accomplished one of two things. Added a ton of more cautions because of the cars being bunched up. Or totally screwed one row or the other (Tracks all on the cush so outside takes off and inside loses several or it's Huggy Pole and the outside is screwed)

That being said, I think it helps winged racing.
Shoulda been there

4/9/17, 5:38 PM   #68
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Shoulda been there
I seen a good races last night and had a great time. My Father, Uncle and good friend Mike had a ball and was home by 11. My uncle can't travel as he has to be close to home for his wife if needed.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/9/17 at 5:41 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Open Wheel Racin' Fest & Fireworks Extravaganza 4/8