IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > questions about Williams Grove
2/22/15, 10:24 AM   #11
Re: questions about Williams Grove
c47

wear any non wing shirt you have LOL...... if you want the absolute best view of warmups and you plan to buy a pit pass, go to the end of the front straight in the 4th turn. stand at the end of the fence and you will be within 10 feet of the cars on the track. just remember that the cars coming off the track after warmups cant see as they come off the track and into the pits so dont walk down the pit lane or stand in any spot that doesnt have a cars in it when they come in.
IMO, the best experience is to walk around to different spots during the night...infield, pits, beer hill, front straight stands. there is a tunnel in the first turn going from the infield to the front straight stands. if you see an older lady driving a golf cart, get the hell outta her way....she aint scared! and if the girl is working at the cheesesteak booth in the infield, you might wanna have your camera ready!
as for saturday night, lincoln speedway is your best bet i believe.

2/22/15, 10:32 AM   #12
Bostonian

All I can say is, I drive by the track every time I drive to S.Carolina, and I'm told. "Don't even think of stopping" So that's all I know about the track!

2 members like this post: illinifan, jim goerge
2/22/15, 8:49 PM   #13
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
All I can say is, I drive by the track every time I drive to S.Carolina, and I'm told. "Don't even think of stopping" So that's all I know about the track!
Leave her at home.

2/23/15, 8:57 AM   #14
Ty

You won't need to get there too early to get a seat. Regular shows the crowd is meh, average. They have a huge amount of seating that really the only time the place gets full is for a WoO show. Definitely take in Lincoln Speedway on saturday night. 9 times out of 10 You will see much better racing there than you will on Friday night. Seeing Danny Dietrich and Brian Montieth come from 10th and 12th slicing and dicing through the field is pretty cool.

1 member likes this post: davidm
2/23/15, 9:35 AM   #15
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

As mentioned above check out Latimore Valley home of the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing. http://www.emmr.org/

Access to the infield is via a tunnel down at turn one. You will not want to miss a chance to watch some of warmup's or a heat race from there. Also consider watching some from beer hill there is a small set of stands outside turn three and you can watch the cars come straight down the back straight. Lots of good seating and the lighting there is very good. As for Lincoln get there early as they have less seating and they typically get a very good crowd. There is also a tunnel for infield access at turn 4 and you can take in some race action in the turn 3 and 4 area. Lincoln also has some great food choices. Check out the BBQ trailer and seafood down toward the turn 4 area behind the stands.

1 member likes this post: cleatziff
2/23/15, 12:30 PM   #16
Joker0801

You HAVE to get the fresh cut French fries and you HAVE to put salt and vinegar on them. This is NOT an option.

4 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing, Rex W., Tim Bookmiller
2/23/15, 9:31 PM   #17
cleatziff

Thank you everyone!!!! I am really excited to hit both tracks! And since it is not an option to not get fries with salt and vinegar added I will try it 😊

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
2/23/15, 10:29 PM   #18
buck

stop by the 17B pits (steve buckwalter) and stand on top of the trailer

2/23/15, 10:53 PM   #19
CactusCrew

Sounds like the highlights have been well covered. If I were going back, the Grove and Lincoln would be the highlights. Port Royal is another option on Saturdays. Other tracks in the "area" ... Trail-Way Speedway, Selinsgrove Speedway, and Hagerstown Speedway. Susquehanna was already mentioned, those are all that I can remember ... ENJOY !

Bring back some Yuengling Lager.

Last edited by CactusCrew; 2/23/15 at 10:55 PM.

7/12/15, 12:35 AM   #20
cleatziff

Thanks everyone for all the great advice....except the joker now I'm hooked on French fries with salt and vinegar. Just kidding I appreciate your advice as well. I went to Williams grove and Lincoln. Standing at the infield turn 3 fence during hot laps at Williams Grove was an amazing experience! Both were great races but the race at Lincoln was outstanding and the place was packed!!! I'm so wound up I am not sure I will be able to sleep tonight.

4 members like this post: berks co, Bostonian, fish, illinifan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > questions about Williams Grove