IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dick Gaines Memorial $3000
8/18/13, 2:55 PM   #71
Re: Dick Gaines Memorial $3000
Andrew S. Quinn

Glad to see Sprintman Dave has been out and about the last couple nights. Thats good news!

4 members like this post: Bill Gardner, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, racefan20
8/18/13, 3:00 PM   #72
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
Very impressed with the 13e car!!! He did a great job and I'm glad he and everyone else came through what could've been a disasterous situation on lap 19. Great job guys!!
Yeah.......no steering and no brakes after the impact with the wall. He said once he saw the first car clear him he just hit the gas for the infield.

Car looked better in the light of day than it did last night when we were pushing it in the trailer. Should be ready for round two in two weeks.

Posted via Mobile Device
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
Last edited by Phylo82; 8/18/13 at 3:02 PM.

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, Dave Rudisell
8/19/13, 9:46 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Just figured there would be more cars ...my point

Posted via Mobile Device
Yup that is the reason we went down there. Thought there would be a good car count. 21 is not bad, but for a big race you need atleast 25. Only say that because of how hard the track is on equipment. Only 18 in the feature. Look how many cars across the board broke in practice. Now on the positive side of things, feature was good. T-Mez was the show, hands down! I think that w\race was his, cautions were flying at the right time. Very glad the track reworked the corners before the feature. That helped a ton. Leary is looking good for the championship. Brought a first timer with me. He was in aww at the track. Think we may go next weekend for the tin tops.

8/19/13, 12:05 PM   #74
Danny Burton

@ Mr. Big Airplane: The three guys who had really brief evenings all had issues unrelated to how hard the track is on equipment.

Other than that, your post is an A+. The race is usually run at a time of year when car counts aren't necessarily the greatest at any track.

And yes, I know that Paragon had 40 cars.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, mtek56, Phylo82, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dick Gaines Memorial $3000