IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darren Hagen's crash - Yellow flag discussion.
4/14/09, 11:21 PM   #21
Re: Darren Hagen
Steve B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
Non wing sprint cars shouldn't be on a half mile like Eldora or Terre Haute anyway, and this wouldn't ever happen.

Get well quick Darren!
What????
Speedy Recovery Darren

4/15/09, 1:09 AM   #22
Topless77

Quote:
Non wing sprint cars shouldn't be on a half mile like Eldora or Terre Haute anyway, and this wouldn't ever happen.

Get well quick Darren!
Sure i'll get slamed for this but that is the dumbest thing i have ever read. Sprints belong on the big tracks.

4/15/09, 1:15 AM   #23
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless77 View Post
Sure i'll get slamed for this but that is the dumbest thing i have ever read.
The sad part is that this doesn't even make Motormasher's Top 10.:O: He's a virtual wellspring of nonsensical information.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 4/15/09 at 1:32 AM.

4/15/09, 1:35 AM   #24
Topless77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
The sad part is that this doesn't even make Motormasher's Top 10.:O: He's a virtual wellspring of nonsensical information.

Jerry

Can't stop laughing Jerry. Thanks.

4/15/09, 8:01 AM   #25
sprinterfan

Pat--
Dare I ask how long THAT one took to conjure?
I'm not blaming the flagman for obeying the orders that were given to him, unless HE was the one who cooked them up. I DISLIKE unnecessary caution flags. I feel this one was not required based on commonsense, but obviously required based on the edict put forth at the driver's meeting. Rules are rules, I understand, but as far-flung as the "Commie-Nurse-Hagen-Holocaust"-scenario is, there is nothing far-flung in perceiving that caution flags breed bunched-up fields, and exponentially increase the likelihood of "incidents"--which, frankly, I more expected to see in turn two on the restart off of what I presumed would be a Hagen slider right out to the cushion to shut the door on Ballou. My relief that Hagen shortened his slide and settled for second lasted about 5 seconds, whereupon he was offering his candidacy for "Highest Altitude of the Year", which I would hope he wins.
On the lighter side....I'd like to learn more about this Nurse Zhivago....

SCECKERT Your acting like the field was stretched out. They were not. Ballou, Hagen, and Jones you could have thrown under a blanket. Whether the caution came out or not has nothing to do with bunching the field up. What happened could have happened without the caution falling. The caution had absolutely nothing to do with that incident. Hagan just flat out got in too hard. Like I said, that could have, and probably would have happened anyways. Hagen was on Ballou's bumper the whole race. Now if Ballou had a straight away lead, maybe you have something. But you don't.

4/15/09, 8:12 AM   #26
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:

Get well quick Darren!
:loser::loser:....if you got out and raced you would have a better chance of winning also:loser:

4/15/09, 8:18 AM   #27
Seadog

[QUOTE=Joltin Joe;96779]
Quote:

Motormasher,

if this is true, explain the reason two drivers last year got injured badly, one at padukah(1/3 mile) and one at laweranceburg (3/8 mile)?

regardly the size of the track, all froms of races are dangerous. THE DRIVER ASSUMES THE RISK!!!!!!!:loser:

GET WELL SOON BUDDY
Right on. I saw a midget driver lose his life at the Indy Speedrome - a 1/5 mile track about 30 years ago. Let's face it, whether you are a racer or just an ordinary schmo like me, when it's your time, it's your time. We all know what can happen in life. You can either wrap yourself in a cocoon and shield yourself from all harm or live your life to the fullest. That's what makes racers different and exciting to watch.

I recall a time when USAC wouldn't race a sprint car on any track that was smaller than a half mile.:Steer

4/15/09, 8:27 AM   #28
ossuks

Really!! When a person post something that contains their personal thoughts and opinion we have to over look the fact that poeple have a wide range of think-ability, some have a limited supply and do the best they can.

4/15/09, 9:11 AM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Why you guys let Joe Kidd, Motormasher and Wingman draw you in is beyond me. They like big tracks for wing cars because their minds work so slow they can only follow it when its follow the leader and no passing or they might get confussed.

4/15/09, 9:13 AM   #30
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

"Does this mean your car will stay parked when the savior steel block series (which runs a DT-3 tire...the ambiguity must be killing you) runs at Terre Haute and Eldora?"

:rolling:rolling LMAO!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 4/15/09 at 11:14 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darren Hagen's crash - Yellow flag discussion.