IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle larson
1/18/15, 9:32 PM   #11
RacingGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter View Post
My guess is Larson took a page from Sammys book when he dumped Parish on his qualifying night. The people that hate on Sammy are so blind to the other hand. It is quite comical. I promise you EVERY single car there that ran one complete race his someone else along the way. It happens. Kinda like Larson spinning himself out...... Twice. Get over yourselves... Fact is P5 > P7 all day, every day.
I promise you that your promise is wrong... Just sayin.

1/18/15, 10:08 PM   #12
Re: Kyle larson
Nate

All of this is just getting blown clear out of proportion. The only reason it's a big deal is because Larson and Stenhouse both have huge followings and it's easy for them to get the word out when they're unhappy paired with the fact the Swindells are not well liked in most circles. If it were Terry Babb who would have been upset about the way Colten Cottle ran him or someone else it wouldn't even be talked about. I just wonder if Kyle felt the need to go have a talk with Harli White after her qualifying night?

The fact of the matter is it's the Chili Bowl, the field is loaded with passionate drivers who want to win a Golden Driller. Tempers run hot especially when you're running on a close quarter indoor track.
Last edited by Nate; 1/18/15 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Can't spell

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, DAD, RadRacer, turn4
1/19/15, 12:08 AM   #13
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

RacingGirl10, I will retract my statement if you can prove to me I am wrong. Wont be the first time I have ate crow, wont be the last. Will stand behind my original statement. Once you prove me wrong, Show me where more cars didn't hit anyone than cars that did... Good luck!

Nate, Very well stated. Spot on!

1/19/15, 12:22 AM   #14
Tim Clauson

It was pretty simple, Sammy got wheeled by Kevin and it turned Sammy dead right into the fence and Sammy made a hell of a save. Caution came out and Sammy went and pounded on a car under caution, only problem was it was the wrong car. Officials were all over the radio telling him it was the wrong car. After getting the black flag pointed at him and while still under caution he dropped back and pounded the car of Thorson. Wheel banging under green at CB is part of it and even the obligatory finger or hit under caution adds to the festivities but if you are going to lose your mind and intentionally try to crash not one but two different drivers at least have the right car. It was pathetic to say the least.

1/19/15, 12:44 AM   #15
RacingGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter View Post
RacingGirl10, I will retract my statement if you can prove to me I am wrong. Wont be the first time I have ate crow, wont be the last. Will stand behind my original statement. Once you prove me wrong, Show me where more cars didn't hit anyone than cars that did... Good luck!

Nate, Very well stated. Spot on!
You didn't say "more cars didn't hit anyone than cars that did" you said every car that ran a complete race hit someone and I said THAT wasn't true. No biggie. And Tim, just yes. Sammy lost his damn mind out there and all of us watched in horror lol

3 members like this post: billwill7, fish, rachasin
1/19/15, 12:47 AM   #16
RacingGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
It was pretty simple, Sammy got wheeled by Kevin and it turned Sammy dead right into the fence and Sammy made a hell of a save. Caution came out and Sammy went and pounded on a car under caution, only problem was it was the wrong car. Officials were all over the radio telling him it was the wrong car. After getting the black flag pointed at him and while still under caution he dropped back and pounded the car of Thorson. Wheel banging under green at CB is part of it and even the obligatory finger or hit under caution adds to the festivities but if you are going to lose your mind and intentionally try to crash not one but two different drivers at least have the right car. It was pathetic to say the least.
Same thing happened a few years back in New Zealand. He was ready to kill the wrong guy in the pits... It was supposed to be Jerry hahahaha

2 members like this post: fish, Onlydirt
1/19/15, 2:29 AM   #17
ModernDayDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingGirl10 View Post
You didn't say "more cars didn't hit anyone than cars that did" you said every car that ran a complete race hit someone and I said THAT wasn't true. No biggie. And Tim, just yes. Sammy lost his damn mind out there and all of us watched in horror lol
True. I asked you to prove my original statement wrong. Then asked you to prove to me where more cars didn't hit others than those that did. If you are going to tell me I am wrong, prove it. I have no problem admitting I am wrong. But I will stand by my statement until shown otherwise. Again, Good Luck!

1/19/15, 2:35 AM   #18
ModernDayDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
Tim, didn't the move in question that happened between Sammy and Deal come on the caution a lap after they made contact out of turn two, just before Kevin and him got together? Could it have been he wasn't happy with Deal for whatever reason? The contact between the two looked like racing to me.

1/19/15, 9:02 AM   #19
rclaridge

Just Sammy being Sammy!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, team3521
1/19/15, 9:44 AM   #20
DAD

Had this race been on a big old race track instead of a Dicey little Bull Ring there would probably not be a discushion like this, we would have had more time to digest all the lack of action and come up with a decision, instead with all the action, wheel banging ect. everybody saw something different. Even the drivers may not know who hit who. They all knew what they were getting into, and it looked fun to me.

I Love racing on Bull Rings and bet a lot of the younger kids out there that have never seen Midgets racing would love it too.

Honest Dad himself

3 members like this post: fish, miller51b, turn4
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle larson