IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle larson
1/18/15, 5:19 AM   #1
Kyle larson
reeserx

Seen his tweets and other info on Twitter that him and Sammy had to be separated after an argument. Larson didn't like Sammy deliberately trying to take out one of his teammates, nice to see the kid stand up for his teammates and have some fire! Glad he's in the big "leagues" ,just wish when I was watching him race this year on Sunday's it'd be at kokomo, not nascar. He certainly hasn't lost his touch on dirt

1/18/15, 8:55 AM   #2
Re: Kyle larson
Nate

Personally I saw no reason for Larson to be so hot, I didn't seen Swindell do much of anything wrong. Besides, its the Chili Bowl and everyone gets into another car at one time or another during the course of the week, and if you're not doing everything you can in the A on Saturday night then something's wrong.

6 members like this post: dustbowl, FEATHERDUSTER, Flatrightrear, speed bump, spicoli, turn4
1/18/15, 11:48 AM   #3
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

You weren't watching the same race I was then Nate lol..but it is the chili bowl..glad he stuck up for his teamates and glad I actually got to go this year

Tk

1 member likes this post: team3521
1/18/15, 12:24 PM   #4
Nate

It's no worse than Bell throwing it in hard and running into Deal a few times before finally getting into him too hard and spinning himself out. It's racing, things happens
Last edited by Nate; 1/18/15 at 12:44 PM.

3 members like this post: Flatrightrear, Geoff Kaiser, turn4
1/18/15, 1:00 PM   #5
team3521

I think Kyle has been racing long enough to know and realize when someone is trying to take someone out. Sammy is an A$$hole and is known for it. So I'm not surprised at the accusation.

1/18/15, 1:41 PM   #6
Flatrightrear

Sammy can't win either way. Either people cry 'cause Sammy's complaining or they cry if someone is complaing about him.

2 members like this post: Nate, turn4
1/18/15, 2:26 PM   #7
Rpracing1

Controversy surrounding Sammy???

Noooo........

1/18/15, 3:29 PM   #8
Pat O'Connor Fan

Loved watching Sammy get his ass whooped on the front straight at Rocky Mountain Speedway in 1994 -- best memory of his racing !!

But he sure can "drive the $hit out of a race car" ............

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/18/15, 3:54 PM   #9
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
I think Kyle has been racing long enough to know and realize when someone is trying to take someone out. Sammy is an A$$hole and is known for it. So I'm not surprised at the accusation.
I realize a majority of people aren't a fan of Sammy but I know there are some people on IOW who have seen him on the ground underneath cars helping out other drivers in the pits to make sure they can get their car back in the race, just as I have.

As for Larson, it's not like he has always raced "clean". Don't get me wrong, Larson can wheel it and he WILL go on to win championships in NASCAR and more than likely a Chili Bowl or two. But you cannot blame Swindell for being a hell of a driver as well. You don't just win 5 Chili Bowls or 3 WoO championships by being an "A$$hole" or on luck alone.

Nate

1/18/15, 8:09 PM   #10
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

My guess is Larson took a page from Sammys book when he dumped Parish on his qualifying night. The people that hate on Sammy are so blind to the other hand. It is quite comical. I promise you EVERY single car there that ran one complete race his someone else along the way. It happens. Kinda like Larson spinning himself out...... Twice. Get over yourselves... Fact is P5 > P7 all day, every day.

9 members like this post: 7xCoop, DAD, dustbowl, JSR22, Nate, PIT CART, progressive22, Tony74, turn4
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle larson