IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Andrewsmith1 (Offline)
  #1 9/8/19 9:55 PM
Hello guys and girls, I'm looking into buying a mini sprints and wondering what I need to do after I get it to race every weekend and what tracks run mini sprints every weekend.
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #2 9/9/19 2:49 PM
Hello and welcome! I have some questions for you that you're going to get asked a lot. Where you from? Also are you looking to get into the 600 micro sprints or 1000cc Lightning sprints?

Corky
Andrewsmith1 (Offline)
  #3 9/10/19 6:33 AM
I'm from Matthews Indiana, its southeast of Gas City. I don't really know what I want to get into, I just wanna race.
Hammer (Offline)
  #4 9/10/19 6:09 PM
Circus City Speedway at Peru and US24 Speedway west of Logansport run 600 microsprints every Saturday night close to you.
Hammer (Offline)
  #5 9/10/19 6:22 PM
600 microsprints is a great entry level racing, many used cars for sale and pretty affordable to get started. Peru and Logansport are reasonably close to you and race every Saturday night. Plenty of guys raced 600s before moving on up like Clausen,Courtney, Windom just to name a few.
rstar00 (Offline)
  #6 9/11/19 3:09 PM
I you live that close to http://www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/ I would get a 1000 cc upright mini sprint. You can race most weekends and not have to travel. Plus you get way more money to start and you will crash less most likely.
clb (Offline)
  #7 9/11/19 6:20 PM
Go to a track and stop by and ask if u could help out. That is the best way to get involved to see what it would take to run a car and what all is involved. Gas city is running midgets Friday night and montpelier if they run will have midgets sat also this weekend. Might be some 1000 cc lightning sprints running both nights.
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #8 10/1/19 5:00 PM
Where are you located?