IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That
6/14/09, 11:59 PM   #111
Re: That
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post
I don't care who did what when but I do feel bad for the late model guys and scora that had to run a shortened feature and sit around during that mscs train wreck. Somebody owes them a big apology when it was their original date to begin with.
Posted via Mobile Device
Absolutly..... Very Well Said!!!

Did Shuttleworth tow in there with an open trailer from NY and run used tires???

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
6/14/09, 11:59 PM   #112
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
What was the final car count? How many Scora cars? Sounds like MSCS isn't doing too well.
I believe there were 15 SCORA cars.MSCS not doing well, I beg to differ, 28 MSCS entries were there. Had it not been for the May 4th race being rained out I just don't see how the effort by many would have happened this weekend to put on this show. With 15? SCORA & 18? late models I would imagine the towel would have been thown in the mud.
I want to Thank Tom Helfrich for doing what he did today, it was not his track nor his equipment but he took the challenge to work the track so a race could happen for the "fans" Yes there were alot of other people that pitched in also.
Just remember this track could lying there growing weeds on the frontstretch

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/15/09, 12:03 AM   #113
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint38racer View Post
I know Le Mans had a 24 hour race this weekend, I thought THAT was trying to match it. Can anyone tell me how you have a race anywhere, let alone a supersized half mile like Terre Haute with 1 freaking wrecker? That first lap wreck that took every bit of 30 minutes to clear, would have took maybe 5-6 minutes somewhere like Haubstadt. I'm not even going to talk about the fuel fiasco and scoring. I realize it was a long weekend and a lot was done just to be able to race, but I don't think I've ever sat through or raced in a 2 1/2 feature. Then what the heck with that late model feature...I couldn't take it after about the 5th yellow in that and hit the highway. The worst part is I knew what was going to happen before going there, and I was still dumb enough to go. The racing was good but the other just took the luster off it.
Absolutly a GREAT POST! You make me laugh when I read this.....

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
6/15/09, 12:05 AM   #114
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

The Late Models and Scora voluntarily cut their features to 15 laps. Mike King gave them the option and said "you can run 20 as advertised" but the Late Models and Scora promoters decided on their own to run 15 laps.

Duke I'm through with you. As good as you thought you were, you are a sad excuse for a human right now. Tell us about how you would always have yourself paged over the PA system at dirt tracks and at the 500 just to draw attention to yourself.

Tell us about the times that you called Don Smith and begged for a rifle for finishing second at the Hulman but was refused due to the stupidity of the request

Your name, when brought up at THAT caused a lot of laughter and bad stories to be told about how much of a pompous ass you are.

Sorry for the rant folks, I'm going back to being nice
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, Shawn, TQ97
6/15/09, 12:08 AM   #115
nonwingnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I believe there were 15 SCORA cars.MSCS not doing well, I beg to differ, 28 MSCS entries were there. Had it not been for the May 4th race being rained out I just don't see how the effort by many would have happened this weekend to put on this show. With 15? SCORA & 18? late models I would imagine the towel would have been thown in the mud.
I want to Thank Tom Helfrich for doing what he did today, it was not his track nor his equipment but he took the challenge to work the track so a race could happen for the "fans" Yes there were alot of other people that pitched in also.
Just remember this track could lying there growing weeds on the frontstretch
About 8 of those mscs entries were actually scora cars running both divisions and not regulars for mscs. At least I've never seen them at any this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/15/09, 12:15 AM   #116
SUPERDUKE
Banned

[QUOTE=Chris Nunn;111208]The Late Models and Scora voluntarily cut their features to 15 laps. Mike King gave them the option and said "you can run 20 as advertised" but the Late Models and Scora promoters decided on their own to run 15 laps.

Duke I'm through with you. As good as you thought you were, you are a sad excuse for a human right now. Tell us about how you would always have yourself paged over the PA system at dirt tracks and at the 500 just to draw attention to yourself.

Tell us about the times that you called Don Smith and begged for a rifle for finishing second at the Hulman but was refused due to the stupidity of the request

Your name, when brought up at THAT caused a lot of laughter and bad stories to be told about how much of a pompous ass you are.
GREAT
Sorry for the rant folks, I'm going back to being nice GREAT STORIES! TOO BAD THERES NO TRUTH IN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS JERKS LIKE YOU THAT START THIS BULL ****!!!!!!!!!!!! ASK DON SMITH IF I CALLED HIM FOR A RIFLE! I'AM HAPPY THERE ABLE TO LAUGH THERE ABOUT ANYTHING!

1 member likes this post: Wendy Atkin
6/15/09, 12:16 AM   #117
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post
About 8 of those mscs entries were actually scora cars running both divisions and not regulars for mscs. At least I've never seen them at any this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
I might agree with that except for Stockon and maybe one or two others. Henceforth the 29 car feature which after all that it took to get this show in might have been ran quicker with maybe a 22 car feature.JMO.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/15/09, 12:52 AM   #118
Eagle14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
No Charles..... thats what happened.

15 year old rich kid from NY won the SCORA race. Knew sooner or later someone would show up with lots of $$$$ and out class the regulars.
Motormasturbater where were you? Shuttleworth has won 410 wing shows out in NY...can you say that....matter fact until you even fill your LOYALTY to SCORA....these 15 year olds will keep making arm chair keyboard drivers like you at home! Way to go Shuttle
Posted via Mobile Device

6/15/09, 1:19 AM   #119
hogan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Heard a funny story about Duke running off with some purse money from a former compadre of his here at terre haute
Posted via Mobile Device
Fancy that. SUPERDUD wisking away with purse money. At how many tracks? Just mention his name and your bound to hear and kinds of stories/tales of what a classless human he is.

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
6/15/09, 2:26 AM   #120
racephoto1

It is late , but before bedtime, let me say today was the longest week I ever spent in Terre Haute. Actually though , for you wusses who left early missed three great finishes. The SCORA race was the show of the night. The Shuttleworth kid was impressive.

This is the first time I saw SCORA, and if they can pull more cars it looks very viable. Mr. Sam Stockon may have another winner.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That