IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #21 9/6/15 9:10 PM
Cars left idle for caution
K. Robbins changed tire and back out
1 to green

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #22 9/6/15 9:16 PM
Max Mc Ghee wins!!

Peace & love to all.
21 Likes: 3Cfan, BrentTFunk, dickster, fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Justigit, LUCKYONE, Melmo, mlamb, Mrs G, Pat O'Connor Fan, pushinthecushin, rapid robert, reeserx, robert gatten, SPRINTCAR, tdt636, Team T, tirespinner, uncleBudracefan
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #23 9/6/15 9:18 PM
2nd was Andretti
Then
T Mezz
Hopkins
Spencer
Hery
Whited
K. Robbins?
Gardner?
Leary

Peace & love to all.
5 Likes: fish, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, rapid robert
midgy (Offline)
  #24 9/6/15 9:24 PM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
Max Mc Ghee wins!!
Thatta boy Max!!!! Congrats to Max, Sam, Mike and Kathy. No family more deserving!
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, dickster, flagboy55, Flatrightrear, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, Mrs G, mscs20, robert gatten, tdt636, Team T, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #25 9/6/15 9:30 PM
Congratulations to max & family!
Also to cee jay & family!
Goodnight everyone!!!
HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!

Peace & love to all.
8 Likes: 3Cfan, BrentTFunk, budsauto25, dirt_trackgurl006, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, LUCKYONE
tdt636 (Offline)
  #26 9/6/15 9:38 PM
Great job Max!!!
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Joltin Joe, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
Justigit (Offline)
  #27 9/6/15 10:56 PM
Max McGhee puts on a clinic tonight at the Kokomo Speedway's Vince Osman Memorial race, winning his first feature win at Kokomo. Max grabbed the top shelf early with Jarett Andretti in tow followed by Scotty Weir (in the Walker 11) and T-Mez (in the Hazen 57). It was a fast pace early as those 4 stretched it out but 3 and 4 wide behind them with Courtney, Hopkins, Leary and Hery.

Then a caution with about 16 or so to go brought the pack back together for a restart with Andretti making a bid with a slide job but was unable to make it work. McGhee worked the top with precision which looked like he grabbed a page out of Dave Darland's notebook. Andretti still there working the bottom gaining momentum ever so close that they even bumped wheels at times, then Max dropped off the top and began to work the middle and lower groove so well if we didn't know better we could have thought it was Bryan Clauson.

As they caught the back-markers with just a handful of laps left it was still anybody's race as the two split cars and still kept the pace going into the final two laps as Andretti bobbled just a bit which let McGhee slip away for the win. It was a great race between these two young drivers and it wasn't settled till the very end. Great job Max for hanging on and his team and family for their win tonight.

T-Mez held on for third with good runs also from A.J. Hopkins, Josh Spencer and Travis Hery. Congratulations to C.J.Leary for winning the track Championship tonight also.
It was great racing throughout the evening so Thanks to the O'Conners and crew once again for all they do.
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirt_trackgurl006, FishBurger, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, LUCKYONE, Mrs G, racinrich, rapid robert, speed bump, tirespinner
jim goerge (Offline)
  #28 9/7/15 1:52 AM
Great job Max and crew Also great job to CJ and family
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, LUCKYONE
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #29 9/7/15 8:02 AM
I thought it was a really good race. Very happy for Max, but was impressed by several guys. Spencer was tough all night. He made a really nice move in his heat. Hopkins ran well. Andretti ran a hard, but clean. Very impressed with several first time Kokomo racers.
11 Likes: budsauto25, dickster, FishBurger, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, oldfan49, rapid robert, speed bump
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #30 9/7/15 9:24 AM
Congrats Mad Max, Sam and Mike! Woohoo!

Also Congrats to C.J. Leary on hi second Non Wing Track Championship!

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: jim goerge, LUCKYONE