IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 7/17/23 9:35 AM
Friend’s, the best Sprint Week in the world commences this week. As of now we have Gas City and Kokomo on our attendance list, and possibly a race or 2 the second half! Let’s Go!
13 Likes: azsprintfan1, BrentTFunk, cmakin, cowboyhar69, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, racenut69, Stephen Cording, Stevensville Mike, wildman92, yeleyfan76
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 7/17/23 10:00 AM
I miss making three or four of these every year. and for this year all Im positive on making if family member is doing ok is Burg, I will attempt to get to Circle City if the same holds true. Pushing it on time and distance, but really want to make it. Plus only dirt track in Indiana running sprints, I've never been too.

Best place to sit, best eats etc at Circle City?

Charles Nungester
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, Pancho Stapp
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #3 7/17/23 10:34 AM
After missing a few years thanks to COVID we'll be flying in as per normal.

Hopefully no races will have a half way red flag fuel & tires stop ha ha ha

And none of the cars will have a garage door on the roof !!

UK USAC fan.
18 Likes: Bostonian, BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, cowboyhar69, Dale, EldoraMark, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, Pancho Stapp, racenut69, racinrich, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, wallbanger II
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #4 7/17/23 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording:
After missing a few years thanks to COVID we'll be flying in as per normal.

Hopefully no races will have a half way red flag fuel & tires stop ha ha ha

And none of the cars will have a garage door on the roof !!
Everyone joking and picking on the Eldora half way red flag and fuel tires stop. What sprint week track will have 25,000 plus fans? Based on the Big E record crowds, I'd say the winged fans didn't mind. Same with Husets. Same with Knoxville when their Nationals come. Why doesn't everyone just let it go, quit comparing and complaining. Looking forward to this weekend.
8 Likes: bighd0522, Blitzman, JackSam40, jdull99, mtek56, PIT CART, trackprep, WingedFan2019
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #5 7/17/23 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I miss making three or four of these every year. and for this year all Im positive on making if family member is doing ok is Burg, I will attempt to get to Circle City if the same holds true. Pushing it on time and distance, but really want to make it. Plus only dirt track in Indiana running sprints, I've never been too.

Best place to sit, best eats etc at Circle City?
Charles,

Best places to sit are up high or at least in second section of stands going toward turn one. Don't sit low, still rocks flying off track. All their food is good with pulled pork and tenderloins probably the best.

Bruce Eckel
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, RACrappieman, tirespinner
berks co (Offline)
  #6 7/17/23 12:10 PM
I have to wait a week to go
I’m going to Terre Haute and the end of the week
Can’t come soon enough

Daniel Cohen
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, flagboy55, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #7 7/17/23 12:28 PM
I hope all who attend have a good week and good weather. I also hope for big crowds and car counts.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, K9Racer, luckybuc97, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, racenut69, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 7/17/23 4:18 PM
Kokomo posted the ISW Sprint week purse and point fund on Facebook. Im sure it's a USAC pic. If someone can post the pic directly here. That'd be great

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...09188007321248

�� $23K Point Fund

�� $10K to the Champ

�� $8K-to-Win Every Night

�� $500 Passing Master for the Week

�� $200 Fast Time Every Night + $200 Bonus for Each Additional FQ Time

�� $150 Hard Charger Every Night

�� $100 Hard Work Every Night

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld, TNRustler
Dale (Offline)
  #9 7/17/23 4:30 PM
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy:
Everyone joking and picking on the Eldora half way red flag and fuel tires stop. What sprint week track will have 25,000 plus fans? Based on the Big E record crowds, I'd say the winged fans didn't mind. Same with Husets. Same with Knoxville when their Nationals come. Why doesn't everyone just let it go, quit comparing and complaining. Looking forward to this weekend.
And bring someone with you to the race.

Halfway between Springfield & DuQuoin, and Gilbert AZ
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, dkdorkboy, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, RACrappieman
badcoupe (Offline)
  #10 7/17/23 6:43 PM
Circle city has become one of my fav places due to how nice it is, run the TQ there a decent bit. Rocks are much better this year but still see a few. Part of stands have a much higher area that’s good. We’re usually a little closer to 4 so we can get back to pits easier. I think we’re gonna try to hit Kokomo even though it’s a bit of drive, haven’t made it up there this season and it’s my def favorite to watch sprint cars at. Lawrenceburg is closest but the worst track of the schedule in my opinion, track prep is always awful/non existent.
7 Likes: Eatin Dirt, flagboy55, mtek56, oppweld, PAW, tirespinner, yeleyfan76