IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
D.D.D. (Offline)
  #1 2/17/14 5:50 PM
BCI/CTR/Driven Driver Development announce Spencer Bayston as full-time Driver of No. 39

Noblesville, IN (February 17, 2014) - Coming off a record setting year that saw him take the checkered flag ten times in 15 races of USSA Kenyon Midget action, 15-year-old Spencer Bayston is setting his sights on the next step in his young career. The 2014 season will see the Lebanon, Indiana native take the controls of the Bryan Clauson Inc/Corey Tucker Racing/Driven Driver Development No. 39 Spike Chassis powered by Esslinger full-time in the Lucas Oil POWRi National Midget Series.

“I am super excited for this opportunity with one of the best midget programs in the country. The POWRi series is full of great competition, but I know our Driven Driver Development team will give me all the tools needed for a great season,” said an excited Bayston.

Spencer and the No. 39 team are no strangers to one another, as the team competed in four races towards the end of the 2013 season. Bayston and championship crew chief Al Scroggins look to build on the Top 5 finish they ended 2013 with at the Kokomo Klash as they chase the 2014 POWRi “Rookie of the Year” honors.

“The opportunity to run four races at the end of last season will hopefully give me a big head start on the 2014 season. Our first goal for this season is to win Rookie of the Year honors. It is too early to know how quickly I will adapt to all of the new tracks but I hope we can be in the championship hunt by seasons end. Having a championship crew and one of the best drivers in the country in Bryan to ask questions and learn from, will only shorten my learning curve and allow me to reach my goals much quicker,” explained Bayston.

Spencer and the Driven Driver Development team will kick off their 2014 POWRi season on March 21st at I-44 Speedway in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The team will utilize Spike Chassis equipped with CSI Shocks and Esslinger power plants on their 41 race championship slate.

“I am extremely excited to bring Spencer into our program. He is an exciting young talent who has had success at every level so far in his career. Spencer is the kind of talent we had in mind when we first started this team several years ago and we look forward to chasing the POWRi National Midget Championship and helping him develop as a driver this season, “ stated co-owner and 4-time USAC National Champion Bryan Clauson.

BCI/CTR/Driven Driver Development would like to thank all of their partners for their support in the 2014 season: Esslinger Engineering, Spike Chassis, CSI Shocks, Simpson Race Products, Mobil 1, Schoenfeld Headers, Keizer Wheels, Wilwood Brakes, Wholesale Connection, E&K of Phoenix, and HoneyBaked Ham of Bloomington.
3 Likes: 31bro, AustinSprinter, mowerman
oljonesy (Offline)
  #2 2/17/14 5:59 PM
congratulations and good luck to you young man!
ossuks (Offline)
  #3 2/17/14 8:51 PM
Been away a few years, what does it cost to get a "development" ride today?
Joltin Joe (Offline)
  #4 2/17/14 9:37 PM
If you have to ask.... You can't afford it....

Im "Joltin" Joe Liguori and i approve this message.
4 Likes: DAD, PatrickMead#13, racephoto1, Tony74
dd1 (Offline)
  #5 2/17/14 9:49 PM
GOOD LUCK!!! Young Man!!!
rstar00 (Offline)
  #6 2/24/14 3:02 AM
I think that question is a good one. We all know how it works but what is the cost. I know a driver from Ohio that got many calls over the winter to become DD but then he found out how much it cost and was out.
DAD (Offline)
  #7 2/24/14 7:00 PM
Originally Posted by rstar00:
I think that question is a good one. We all know how it works but what is the cost. I know a driver from Ohio that got many calls over the winter to become DD but then he found out how much it cost and was out.
R

How fast do you want to be? How much equipment are you going to tear up reaching your goal? You say you want to run the entire season?

At least 2 to 3 race cars and motors, At least two peoples salary, enough fuel to travel 50,000 miles. depreciation on a $150,000+ hauler, repair parts, pit fees and food and lodging etc, etc.

And It would still be much cheaper than trying to do it yourself!!

Come to think of it I like Joe's response better.

Honest Dad himself
K-Dawg30 (Offline)
  #8 2/24/14 8:47 PM
My guess for a 41 race season would be somewhere around $100k from what I have heard.
DAD (Offline)
  #9 2/24/14 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by K-Dawg30:
My guess for a 41 race season would be somewhere around $100k from what I have heard.
K

That would be a real real good deal.

Honest Dad himself