IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Arin McIntosh Information
11/5/08, 4:43 PM   #41
Re: Arin McIntosh Information
younggun398

Any New Update on Arin. Thanks

11/5/08, 9:08 PM   #42
Dwayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun398 View Post
From www.carepages.com

Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008
Posted 1 hour ago
Today Arin walked on her own for the first time since she walked the front stretch at Lawrenceburg that fateful Saturday night. She still has to focus very much on her balance, patience, and not trying to do more then she's ready for. However, one therapist said of Arin that, unlike some of his clients, she will attempt an exercise even when she knows it will be difficult. He said, "You can't teach motivation and Arin's got it."
She's making new friends here. I'm sure that surprises no one. Yesterday, one gentleman gave her his dessert because he heard she likes sweets. Today at lunch, she and some of her new friends watched the race video shot from Dickie's car the night she was hurt. I'm not sure the staff appreciates the love of racing, but she said everyone else liked it, except of course, for the ending. Yesterday, she made gelatin in the kitchen unit. They had her use the stove to boil water. I can't say she's ever done that at home. She's always been more of a microwave kind of kid; to busy living life to watch water boil!
Tomorrow is another day, and every day we are thankful we have one more. God bless, Rob & Alda

11/6/08, 5:42 PM   #43
Crankin

Thanks for posting that Dwayne!:thumb

You keep fightin' Arin, and you'll be back to "nukin'" some Hot Pockets in no time!!!!

11/13/08, 8:16 AM   #44
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun398 View Post
I would love to be able to afford to come back to the hospital to visit again but would love to let you know my Church @ I are praying everyday for GREAT success And it seems to be WORKING; GOD BLESS Arin @family we love you. BUTCH WILKERSON

11/13/08, 9:19 AM   #45
Dwayne

Posted on carepages 11/12/08:respect::applaud:

Posted 9 hours ago
Today went a little different than planned. We left Mitchell today thinking Arin was coming home on Thursday. Little did we know that once again, she was ahead of schedule. The phone rang on the way up, telling us Arin could come home tonight! We reached the hospital, walked into Arin's room, and found that she had everything packed and was ready to go! After a few hugs from the staff , well wishes to and from residents, and some cheerful goodbyes, Arin walked out the front door of the facility. Of course, she wanted to make a few stops on her way home. Like every teenage girl, Arin wanted to stop at Gasoline Alley, drop in on a few friends, and head down the road to Cracker Barrel. Now, she’s setting on the couch with her cat beside her. With the warmth of the wood stove, it just feels so right. The days ahead are full of adjustments and challenges for Arin. Right now, our goal is to ease her back into a normal daily routine. She appreciates everyone’s thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Her recovery has been, it the words of her doctor, miraculous…and we all know who’s in charge of miracles. As Arin concludes this chapter in her life, we intend to make this our last post on Carepages. We have cherished your messages and thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers. Your words have been very therapeutic to both of us and especially to Arin. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. Right now, nothing seems impossible. Arin is home! God Bless, Rob, Alda and Arin McIntosh

11/13/08, 5:33 PM   #46
PJ Wright

Absolutely WONDERFUL news!!!

11/14/08, 8:06 AM   #47
Dirt Frog

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/14/08, 9:37 PM   #48
jlf1220

Great news for Arin! She has been in our thoughts and prayers since the accident.
God bless.

Tim and Jenny Spindler

11/16/08, 7:55 AM   #49
Dick Mahoney

Jack Hewitt asked me to pass along his prayers and thoughts for Arin. Get well soon

11/17/08, 8:03 PM   #50
rstar00

I just wanted to say how nice to here that Arin is home. Arin you and Robert may not remember this. The first feature race I ever won Arin got second, it was at Camden. Arin and Robert both came up to me after the race and told me I did a good job. When I told them that it was my first feature win Arin gave me a big hug and a high five and Robert gave me a big smile and a high five. Coming from two people who I looked to at the race track meant a lot to me. I hope that every thing keeps getting better for you Arin. All the tracks in the Mid West miss your skill, enthusiasm and smile. Robert you have done one hell of a job. Your family is in my prayers.

Robbie Starkey

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Arin McIntosh Information