IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I'm not a schatz fan
9/18/14, 10:37 PM   #21
Re: I'm not a schatz fan
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
It's not like the year ('87 I believe)Kinser won 46 out of 69 a-mains!

And Kinser 46 Wins did not count the first night(was called a prelim night) of a 2 day show. Schatz win total counts a first night win, of a 2 day show..

Schatz is very good today, but he needs to win another 200 features before he will be half as good as Steve, and another 100 as Sammy. He might be a little above Mark Kinser now. But way above Mr. Litigation Wolfgang. But many don't pay attention to facts.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/18/14, 10:46 PM   #22
Kinser11

Eldora Earl said, the best race he ever saw at Eldora was a USAC show when Steve. started last in the Jonny Vance Car, Jim (Macqueen) , wrenching and won.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge
9/19/14, 12:09 AM   #23
flagboy55

What year was that? Trying to jog my memory. Might have had a beer or 2 since then.

9/19/14, 1:03 AM   #24
Flatrightrear

Steve, Sammy and Doug got a lot of their wins when their cars were superior to the competition. If any of them started last in a heat race they were probably going to win it. That doesn't happen much today if at all. Obviously, Donnie needs to win more to be up with the big boys but his Nationals record is already astounding and he's pounding on some really good cars. It's not just Donnie but his crew chief and the whole team. Steve wouldn't have been Steve without Karl Kinser working magic every night and Gerkin learned from Karl. I'm not big on Schatz myself but seeing is believing and he seems to have the same desire to win like Steve and Sammy.

9/19/14, 1:13 AM   #25
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Check my posts .... I never put schatz on the same level as The King. That would b blasphemy .

9/19/14, 1:44 AM   #26
Flatrightrear

Sorry, I was responding to Kinser 11.

9/19/14, 3:25 AM   #27
dsc1600

With all due respect,competition was not as good in 87 as it is now. Locals have much more equal equipment than they did back then. I'm not saying Schatz is the equal of Kinser by any stretch, but what the 15 team is doing is pretty remarkable.

1 member likes this post: Flatrightrear
9/19/14, 3:02 PM   #28
Flatrightrear

I have to give a shout-out to Lasoski as well. He and Forbrook would show up on occasion in the old days and he had some very impressive runs against the top dogs way before he drove for Tony Stewart.

1 member likes this post: 7xCoop
9/19/14, 8:41 PM   #29
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
What year was that? Trying to jog my memory. Might have had a beer or 2 since then.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...-steve-kinser/

The selection of photos shown here illustrates two things: Sprint cars haven’t changed a whole lot conceptually, and Kinser has been winning for a very long time. One image shows him with the legendary, now-retired Eldora promoter Earl Baltes, at whose track Kinser made history. Just as an example, in the 1980s he arrived late there to drive Johnny Vance’s USAC Sprint car. Never took a time trial lap. Started the feature dead last, with zero practice time, and still won. That’s Klassic Kinser. - See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2....cfmQoU76.dpuf

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I'm not a schatz fan