IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints
9/17/14, 6:19 PM   #11
miledirt

Awesome show last year...MOWA will pull 30 cars with Rico and Bell running both, wouldn't miss it - great track and great promoter

9/17/14, 7:32 PM   #12
Re: "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints
DiehardRaceFan

Race Count Last Year: 72

A great show every year. Looking forward to being there once again.

2 members like this post: billwill7, mowerman
9/17/14, 8:29 PM   #13
stealth43k

Looking forward to my first trip there

3 members like this post: DiehardRaceFan, racenut69, sfish
9/17/14, 8:52 PM   #14
Jonr

I can not believe that some people are upset with arguably one of the best midget events of the year because you do not like the support division. Especially when the support division is 410 sprint cars. If we had to sit through six divisions of stock cars, I could understand being upset but to be upset over 410 sprints is unbelievable regardless if it has a wing or not.

I already have my vacation days entered for this great event. if we can just get the weather Gods to smile upon us. It has been a strange fall in the heartland

9/17/14, 11:00 PM   #15
wrtracing

Tammy & Kevin are doing everything they possibly can to please everyone. If you are a true race fan please come to support this event. I said event not race because this 3 day event has a little bit of everything. Great racing and before and after the races in the parking/camping area is a big part of it. The drivers, owners, fans, photographers and promoters are all out there having a great time. No one is unapproachable. The Gundakers continue to make this one of the best events of the year. See you there!!
Last edited by wrtracing; 9/18/14 at 3:10 AM.

9/17/14, 11:08 PM   #16
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Thanks for the heads up You can keep the wings and I'll keep my money for non wing races
Jim,

I wouldn't skip this event because of the winged cars; there will be plenty of midget action to enjoy. Too bad they favor wings on their sprint cars in Illinois. The drawing area for Granite City is populated with primarily winged sprinters, so I can understand why they have trouble drawing a field of non-wing cars.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/18/14, 6:27 AM   #17
BrentTFunk

I wish they had the support to run non wing cars, but it is Illinois. These people do a great job with this event, and hope everyone supports them. I will be there. Fans and teams say we need more big midget races. We will see which ones really want that.

6 members like this post: Jonr, Koonzee, PAW, racinrich, ronmil, wolfpack58
9/18/14, 7:27 AM   #18
SDHill89

The MOWA series has saved sprint car racing in Illinois so I'm glad they get to be part of one of the biggest open wheel events of the year in Illinois. It's disappointing that the Gundaker's do everything they can to put on a great event for us and all they get for it on here is complaints. Hopefully they don't get fed up with it and and stop having the race. Luckily the 4 or 5 people on here that say they're not coming because the wing cars will be far outnumbered by all the people who do come because there are sprints along with the midgets.

9/18/14, 7:36 AM   #19
mscs20

5 times in the first post it says "MOWA Non Wing Sprints". That got me excited until I realized it was a typo.

Since when is a full field considered a low car count? We generally had a small B main with the non wing sprints, and 20 cars were started.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/18/14, 9:13 AM   #20
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHill89 View Post
The MOWA series has saved sprint car racing in Illinois so I'm glad they get to be part of one of the biggest open wheel events of the year in Illinois. It's disappointing that the Gundaker's do everything they can to put on a great event for us and all they get for it on here is complaints. Hopefully they don't get fed up with it and and stop having the race. Luckily the 4 or 5 people on here that say they're not coming because the wing cars will be far outnumbered by all the people who do come because there are sprints along with the midgets.
MOWA does a great job and puts on great shows. In the last 2 years I have gone to 3 MOWA races and enjoyed them all. Heck, going to the MOWA race at Haubstadt last year convinced me to attend the WoO race there this year. (MOWA race was better by the way) I had avoided winged races for a number of years, but the MOWA shows were so good, it made me rethink my position. I still prefer them without wings, but I have come to appreciate winged racing again.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints