IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini sprint racing with midgets
9/19/14, 3:20 PM   #31
Re: Mini sprint racing with midgets
DAD

The big problem with us Americans is that we are very near sited. We can't see any further than what is going on right now and everything in the future is none of our concern. Other cultures Like the Japanese and Chinese tend to think in terms of decades or centuries. They have set into play many things in the past decade that will come in to play only now as we still worry about them Monster 1200cc boat anchors. Keep your rules simple. Plan for future change in the internal combustion engine theory. Don't Outlaw Technology!!

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 9/19/14 at 3:36 PM.

2 members like this post: bn kleen, sprintracer82
9/20/14, 4:10 PM   #32
Re: Mini sprint racing with midgets
Ray3

The biggest problem I see for this type of series is applying rules equally to everyone. You cannot "grandfather" certain 1200cc engines while disallowing others. Therefore, rules have to be applied equally to everyone at all times. If not, then just open the rules up and allow anything and everything that shows up.

Another problem with this type of series that I see often is everyone thinks what they own should be allowed. They never think beyond themselves. So often people say, "well I have an old (fill in the blank here) and it isn't competitive so I should be able to run." This doesn't work. If you have a legal chassis, and the only thing keeping you from racing is a legal engine then go out and get a legal engine.

The third problem with this type of series is trying to make rules that state the engine has to be "completely stock." If you cannot enforce the rules then don't write them. Unless you are going to do a single source sealed engine series like the USAC Focus series this will not work. Due to the absolute lack of long term success of the USAC Ford Focus series why would anyone want to go down that road again? Instead, write engine rules that can be policed and verified and make life simpler for everyone.

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini sprint racing with midgets