IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints
9/18/14, 9:52 AM   #21
Re: "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints
dirtnut

Tammy and Kevin keep up the great work you are doing at Tri-City. Some people on IOW just aren't happy unless they have something to ***** about. Can not wait for the Gold Crown. Great midget racing and whatever else you run with them. Even if the pissers and moaners stay home I am sure you will have a great crowd and a great show.

9/18/14, 6:21 PM   #22
racenut69

Quit complaining and let's go RACING!..MOWA will put on a good show and Rico will be worth the price of admission!!!!..I will be there,since the Hut Hundred has rained out 2 years in a row...

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, coachmeece, Dirtfan, luckybuc97, wrtracing
9/19/14, 9:21 AM   #23
El1teBr33ze

Last year saw Bell, Bacon, Clauson, and PPM pull double duty. Add this year's potentials in Rico, Daum, Blackhurst, ABrown, Motsinger, Babb, Baugh, we could see some drivers having a busy weekend. The potential list, with the exception of Blackhurst (who didn't run his midget), all ran double duty at Spoon River last weekend.

This is my personal go-to event for the season. The first Gold Crown I attended, non-wings were the support class. I was in awe. Sure, I'd like to see them back as well, but the past 2 years MOWA has put on an awesome show. In the end, I'm there to see 40+ midgets battle it out. I can't thank the Gundakers enough for putting on such an awesome event. I will never miss this weekend.

4 members like this post: mowerman, racenut69, red70racer, wrtracing
9/19/14, 7:58 PM   #24
racenut69

2 years ago,"Yung Money" and Rico finished 1/2 and it was a great show..Banging the cushion or wall in turn 2,every lap!!!!..Don't miss it this year,I'm just sayin!

9/28/14, 6:43 PM   #25
Andrew S. Quinn

With the Gold Crown just a few days away,there are plenty of places nearby to eat,but here is a couple places you might not have heard about.

Dons No Mans Land Tavern 610 E St Louis Ave, East Alton, IL 62024 phone (618) 254-0020 was Morty's favorite watering hole,and on the first weekend of every month they have home made Taco's. Morty used to bring as many as 60 down to the parking lot at the Gold Crown in years past. Going from past posts I have seen on their facebook page, I believe they will be selling them on Friday from 11-1,and then from 3 onwards. On Saturday I believe its 11-6PM for the Taco's. Anyone that has had them will surely give you their approval.

On Saturday the Wood River Fire Dept 501 E Edwardsville Rd, Wood River, IL 62095 is having a Fish Fry from 11am till 6 PM. Cost is $9.00,and I doubt you will go away hungry. Last yr I went there with Debbie Mortland AFTER stopping in at Dons No Mans land for Taco's. This year I am going to plan ahead a bit better.

Both of these places are maybe 10 miles away if that. Not to far away.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 9/28/14 at 6:47 PM.

2 members like this post: El1teBr33ze, luckybuc97
9/28/14, 8:53 PM   #26
Jonr

Need to pray to the weather Gods. Weather is turning cold for the races.

9/28/14, 10:49 PM   #27
Revin

What's new this year at the "Gold Crown"

"Gold Crown Midget Nationals" will be available on PPV this year for the first time all 3 days. (see details below)

Each year the "A" Main field holds one more starting spot. This year's event finds a starting field adding 1 additional spot on Saturday Night of 27 of the best Midgets in the country competing for $10,000 to win with $700 to start.

This year we will be hosting a Wiffle Ball game between the Midget & Sprint car drivers on Saturday along with a bag tournament as well on Friday during the day.

The Budweiser Beer Garden will be set up in the Pit Area Friday & Saturday night after the races along with a Bon Fire for everyone to come down and enjoy and meet the drivers.

Midget & Sprint Drivers/Teams/Race Fans we want this week to be a great experience and everyone to have a great time. We are excited once again to host the DuPont 6th Gold Crown Midget Nationals. We will do everything we can to put on a great show.

The midget feature will run first each night.

Several drivers are doing double duty on Friday & Saturday. Race fans get ready!

FREE Camping (NO Hookups)
FREE Parking
Bon Fires are allowed (must be contained)

*New Quarter Midget track was built this summer outside the track behind turns 1 & 2. Please stop by
and check it out.

Kevin & I would like to Thank the Driver's/Crews/Race Fans/Sponsors for helping us build this event each year. the Midget & Sprint drivers are great to work with and it's great to give back.

Thank you for your support!

PPV Information & Details

Live Pay-Per-View broadcast of the all 3 nights of the Gold Crown Midget Nationals will be available on The Cushion (thecushion.com). Our Live broadcasts include the full night of racing - from Hot Laps thru to Victory Lane interviews each night.

Launched in 2013, TheCushion.com strives to become Open Wheel racing’s destination website for On-Demand Video, and Live Pay-Per-View race broadcasts. In 2014, the website will produce over 30 live broadcasts, and our Video-On-Demand library will grow to over 400 race videos.

Gold Crown PPV Pricing:
Oct 2: $21.99 (USAC Midgets)
Oct 3: $24.99 (USAC Midgets and MOWA Sprints)
Oct 4: $27.99 (USAC Midgets and MOWA Sprints)
3-Day Package: $67.00

Only need to be a FREE Member of thecushion.com, but all Paying Premium and VIP Memberships of The Cushion receive a 10% discount on all PPVs.
Link to ad (just Right click and Save As):

http://thecushion.com/wp-content/the...01_210x275.png
Last edited by Revin; 9/28/14 at 10:50 PM.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Fred Zirzow, Koonzee, racinrich, wolfpack58
9/28/14, 11:22 PM   #28
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revin View Post

The midget feature will run first each night.
Thank you! Cant wait

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, wolfpack58
9/29/14, 5:57 AM   #29
BrentTFunk

One of my favorite events of the year. There are races and then are events. This one is an event, I can't wait. As I said earlier, lots of people say we need more big midget races, here is a great chance to show promoters there is a market.

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, racefanindy, racenut69, ronmil
9/29/14, 2:20 PM   #30
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Weather forecast is not looking good for Thursday; if the forecast is correct hope it only affects one night. Hard to figure that October is traditionally the driest month of the year, yet the Gold Crown has been affected by the weather so much.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints