IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Ineptitude....incredible
4/2/10, 11:58 PM   #1
Eldora Ineptitude....incredible
TommyBahama

Just got home, can't wait for others there to add to this. I love this place, that's why I am posting. I have never in my 40 years of going to Eldora witnessed anything like tonight. Do the powers that be even give a ****? New clay goes on last year and they wait to this week I'm told to start working it in? When we walked into the pits you could tell this was going to be an epic disaster, the track was very loose dirt, not packed at all, and wasn't packing. Along the fence were softball sized chunks of dirt, very deep and you could tell they had not been touched. To waste the fans time and resources like this, as well as making the drivers hot lap twice on this farm field, unforgivable!

The suites are I am sure very nice, we've got more bleachers on the front stretch, the jumbo tron in turn two, awesome stuff. Great amenities and worst track surface. What an absolute shame, such a proud famous institution that a man dedicated his life to is being turned into a laughing stock embarrassment. Mr Stewart, please for the love of this sport, put someone in charge of this place that actually gives a ****. Oh by the way, Mr Kemp has a really cool little cart with fancy wheels to ride around in, another thing obviously more important than the damn track.

4/3/10, 12:07 AM   #2
Re: Eldora Ineptitude....incredible
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybahama View Post
just got home, can't wait for others there to add to this. I love this place, that's why i am posting. I have never in my 40 years of going to eldora witnessed anything like tonight. Do the powers that be even give a ****? New clay goes on last year and they wait to this week i'm told to start working it in? When we walked into the pits you could tell this was going to be an epic disaster, the track was very loose dirt, not packed at all, and wasn't packing. Along the fence were softball sized chunks of dirt, very deep and you could tell they had not been touched. To waste the fans time and resources like this, as well as making the drivers hot lap twice on this farm field, unforgivable!

The suites are i am sure very nice, we've got more bleachers on the front stretch, the jumbo tron in turn two, awesome stuff. Great amenities and worst track surface. What an absolute shame, such a proud famous institution that a man dedicated his life to is being turned into a laughing stock embarrassment. Mr stewart, please for the love of this sport, put someone in charge of this place that actually gives a ****. Oh by the way, mr kemp has a really cool little cart with fancy wheels to ride around in, another thing obviously more important than the damn track.
he is a joke i said it two years ago when i said tony fire the larry and larry show! Hire jack hewitt to run this place! He will get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 members like this post: 64chevy, Hubie, midnightrider, PIT CART
4/3/10, 12:12 AM   #3
JakeMoore

I have been to some **** hole dirt tracks. I have ran 600s and some little bitty places and never seen a bigger disaster. This shouldn't happen at a place like Eldora. Its sad to see and I'm dissapointed to say it but I don't see myself going back.

4/3/10, 12:57 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

At least Barnhorst gave us our money back to those wishing to go that route. I didn't even get that respect. Not a notice or apology one from the PA. Matter of fact about two minutes total talking on the PA after 800 pm. Drivers to your cars. AS YOU CAN SEE. WERE CANCELLED. TOUGH ****!

I got a ticket I'll sell someone for ten thats supposedly worth 18 toward any show this season. Rest assured, I will not be back. 25 years and Earl canceled several but never treated us like that.

Even worse than the NST Allison debacle At least they ran that show..

That is all, A Apology now would be worthless to me.

4/3/10, 1:02 AM   #5
darnall

Wood chips.....good god....

I know, lets schedule a sprint car race in a sawdust pile...Oh crap, someone beat me to it!!

Wonder why the track kept coming apart...don't your wifes garden mulch lay down as hard as concrete when someone steps on it??? NO, it doesn't!!!!

4/3/10, 1:08 AM   #6
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
Wood chips.....good god....
Sounds like a Helfrich home recipie but he knows how to get it right. Like Darland said "Needs more wood."

4/3/10, 1:19 AM   #7
RichH

I'm finished. Too many late nights and terrible track conditions. This isn't really new, just a new low. Earl sold out to the Ted Johnson school of hard, slick many years ago, IMO, and this crew really haven't a clue. There's no excuse for this-clear skies, no threat of rain all week.
First race at Eldora: April 5, 1964
Last race at Eldora: April 2, 2010

See you at the 'Burg!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, SteveD
4/3/10, 1:42 AM   #8
mikew

I will be mailing my ticket stub in to the track next week with a short letter expressing how grateful I am for past events like the million. But I will close by suggesting that they refund my money, because there is no chance that I will be going back to Eldora this year. Maybe never again. We shall see. I would be understanding if the event was rained out, but this just smacks of Dave Allison style track prep.

Too bad really for the big E. Great crowd tonight. The jumbotron was a surprise, as were the new seats under the main grandstand.... Too bad with all these new additions to the track, they can't get it right for a USAC show.....

4/3/10, 1:43 AM   #9
Downey44

Well I had'nt been to Eldora since Stewart took it over. Had heard the horror stories about track conditions. But what I seen tonight was a disgrace to "what" used to be one of the premier tracks in the country. As Chuck stated the announcer was pathetic! He needs to attend Bloomington or a Lucas Oil Late model show and listen to James Essex or Chris Nunn. He may get a clue of how its supposed to be done, because he has none now, ZERO! As we were getting in truck to come home I heard someone on the PA with an apology to the fans for tonights total disaster. Could have sworn I heard them say it was Dave Darland. Some one please correct me if i'm wrong.

4/3/10, 1:48 AM   #10
racefan20

I was sitting in turn 4 just below the suites and during hot laps the entire track just disappeared. Pretty sad. USAC made the correct decision. I also heard that a lot of rocks were getting kicked up during hot laps too. My guess is if it even sprinkles there tomorrow its a rain out. I cant see how they can fix that track in 20 hours especially if a line of storms come through.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Ineptitude....incredible