IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Personal thoughts on Kokomo July 24th 2018
7/25/18, 12:19 PM   #1
Personal thoughts on Kokomo July 24th 2018
WorldOfOutlawsFan
Banned

Race Count This Year: 39
Race Count Last Year: 57

First time i've been there in a while. Track was pretty bad throughout the heats. One line around the bottom got pretty boring for me. They reworked the track before the B main for about 40 minutes. Didn't like the long delay but it made the racing slightly better. One negative is how late they got out on a week day. Didn't get home until about 2am. Overall I give kokomo a 4/10. Friends told me how good it was and that i need to make a trip back down there but I was not impressed. I guess i will stick to watching winged sprint cars

1 member likes this post: Sprint63122
7/25/18, 12:44 PM   #2
Josh Spencer

Thanks for coming and supporting the track! I hope you can make back for the All Star show in October!

Josh Spencer

7/25/18, 12:48 PM   #3
Mrs G
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer View Post
Thanks for coming and supporting the track! I hope you can make back for the All Star show in October!

Josh Spencer
You are a good man, Josh Spencer, and I am thankful for you!

7/25/18, 12:49 PM   #4
badcoupe

The extended prep was unusual in my experience, granted we only race there a few times a year. The heats were bland but the feature was good. At least it wasn’t a follow the leader dry slick race like every woo and all star race I’ve ever attended. It did make for a late night though. We’re 2+ hours away and after loading up etc I was home around 1:30

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
7/25/18, 1:09 PM   #5
Re: Personal thoughts on Kokomo July 24th 2018
WorldOfOutlawsFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer View Post

Josh Spencer
I haven't been there in 5+ years and from what i've been told this is not how a normal Kokomo show is ran. I'll be back in October

7/25/18, 1:50 PM   #6
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldOfOutlawsFan View Post
First time i've been there in a while. Track was pretty bad throughout the heats. One line around the bottom got pretty boring for me. They reworked the track before the B main for about 40 minutes. Didn't like the long delay but it made the racing slightly better. One negative is how late they got out on a week day. Didn't get home until about 2am. Overall I give kokomo a 4/10. Friends told me how good it was and that i need to make a trip back down there but I was not impressed. I guess i will stick to watching winged sprint cars
There is a quote that states "our technology has surpassed humanity". It is my opinion that tire (technology) has surpassed dirt (track prep) capacities. The surface simply can't keep up.

3 members like this post: Bill Angel, captrat, PIT CART
7/25/18, 2:08 PM   #7
cl124

I was not able to be there in person but did watch online. Will agree with you on the racing, however having seen at least a few races at Kokomo I will strongly encourage you to making another trip back. Every other race i've seen there has been the best racing around. If you are free for Smackdown you will most definitely not leave disappointed.

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, speed bump
7/25/18, 2:21 PM   #8
WorldOfOutlawsFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
The extended prep was unusual in my experience, granted we only race there a few times a year. The heats were bland but the feature was good. At least it wasn’t a follow the leader dry slick race like every woo and all star race I’ve ever attended. It did make for a late night though. We’re 2+ hours away and after loading up etc I was home around 1:30
There's a reason why a lot of non wing drivers are going to wing. But you have your opinions and i have mine

7/25/18, 2:34 PM   #9
PIT CART

Not every race is going to be a barn burner. 🏁

3 members like this post: jim goerge, superstock30, team3521
7/25/18, 2:58 PM   #10
flagboy55

As stated plenty times before I love both wings and without. But 90% of Wing heat races are bad as far as racing goes. Sounds like Kokomo last night was like going to a wing race, follow the leader heats and a good feature. Definitely not a typical night from what I gather

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Kydehart
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Personal thoughts on Kokomo July 24th 2018