IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Query for promotors
9/5/17, 9:26 PM   #1
Honest-Sam

I wonder why more, if not all, don't offer multiple features in one night? More concessions, more racing for the fans. Not much, if any extra cost, aside from trophies. Just curious. Not criticizing.

Fans, ring in too. This is your forum.
Last edited by Honest-Sam; 9/5/17 at 9:31 PM.

9/5/17, 9:31 PM   #2
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
I wonder why more, if not all, don't offer multiple features in one night? More concessions, more racing for the fans. Not much, if any extra cost, aside from trophies. Just curious. Not criticizing.
Sam, do you mean as in a Paragon Speedway type approach?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/5/17, 9:32 PM   #3
Honest-Sam

Yes. And Lincoln Park did it this past weekend.

9/5/17, 9:37 PM   #4
Honest-Sam

I can understand that there is a different payout structure. Maybe a prearranged agreement that if "x" number of cars show up, then the payout will be "y".

9/5/17, 9:40 PM   #5
R A K

Quote:
Yes. And Lincoln Park did it this past weekend.
Good question.
Ligouri got $400 for winning the second feature, which, I believe, paid more than P5 in the "big dance" feature #1. A reg. show feature P5 at LPS pays $350. Keith Ford was a genius in his approach. I don't know if that has waned or not.

9/5/17, 10:18 PM   #6
Re: Query for promotors
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

LPS honestly wouldn't have had five-ten cars in the second feature if everyone else hadn't been down. At least that's my opinion. It worked here but not always.

Burg used to run a legends of Burg night which they inducted a famous racer at least for the Burg and they had a two feature setup for it. Not sure they ever ran a second feature.

One problem with it is 20th in the first feature pays less than winning the second feature. Not really cool IMHO.

I enjoyed it, but like I said, it only really works when you have enough cars to have two near complete fields.

9/5/17, 10:18 PM   #7
Honest-Sam

I guess that I just think that it is such a GREAT opportunity for fledgling racers, especially now that racing is on the 'comeback' for this genre. They need laps, and thats how they get them. The pressure to place in a heat race (at this level) yeilds broken equipment and drivers and budgets. Just my opinion.
Last edited by Honest-Sam; 9/5/17 at 10:20 PM.

2 members like this post: fish, tirespinner
9/5/17, 10:21 PM   #8
Honest-Sam

Maybe payouts could/should be determined after check in. No racer is in this for the payday anyway.

9/5/17, 10:26 PM   #9
Honest-Sam

This argument should appeal to promoters

9/5/17, 10:32 PM   #10
R A K

Quote:
I guess that I just think that it is such a GREAT opportunity for fledgling racers, especially now that racing is on the 'comeback' for this genre. They need laps, and thats how they get them. The pressure to place in a heat race (at this level) yeilds broken equipment and drivers and budgets. Just my opinion.
Good point, Sam.
I would simply use an "odd -even" feature approach. You would be racing (potentially) against DIFFERENT racers each week. Essentially like what Mr. Ford has been doing for years. No glorified B-Main, which is basically what LPS does and what L'Burg migrated toward as Chuck mentioned.
I always thought Waynesfield over in OH should have mimicked Mr. Ford's approach back when they averaged 40 nw sprints per night. Their last race a few weeks ago, they had 12.
Who knows.
In a (my) "perfect" world...
Odd/Even Features (NO B-Main!)
PASSING POINTS utilized for the heat races! (Get the fans involved; hand out lineup/scorecards to each fan that wants one with each admission ticket). Makes for much better balanced feature lineups.
$1,000 to W / $200 to start EACH feature. With (as) MANY contingency awards going to (as) MANY drivers through the fields as possible.
Just thinking out loud... lol
Last edited by R A K; 9/6/17 at 1:13 PM.

3 members like this post: Honest-Sam, tirespinner, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Query for promotors