IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > All Stars on Speedvision
7/28/19, 1:03 AM   #1
All Stars on Speedvision
racefan20

I'm just wondering why I can watch the whole All Stars show along with the Knoxville 360's on Speedvision but not all of the USAC race on flo a few weeks ago. Maybe there is a good reason but I am just curious. Seems like the exact same situation to me. Knoxville is shown on Dirtvision but it looks like they aren't on there tonight.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: IndianaSprintFan
7/28/19, 7:25 PM   #2
Re: All Stars on Speedvision
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I'm just wondering why I can watch the whole All Stars show along with the Knoxville 360's on Speedvision but not all of the USAC race on flo a few weeks ago. Maybe there is a good reason but I am just curious. Seems like the exact same situation to me. Knoxville is shown on Dirtvision but it looks like they aren't on there tonight.
Just asking a question John. Were you expecting someone from Knoxville, Speedvision, or Dirt vision to get on here to answer? Or were just trying to take a shot at Flo and USAC again. Just curious.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, opnwhlmnd
7/28/19, 8:17 PM   #3
Jerry Shaw

He's probably coming from the same perspective as I am, Goodnight. As a paying race fan that at the beginning of the year, decided to give them 150 bucks, under the pretense that my money was getting me "all" and "every" race from all three USAC championship divisions. Only to find out a few days from one of the events that was part of my reason to give them my money, that this one wasn't fully included. And even then, never at least got a "Due to circumstances beyond our control...Sorry for your inconvenience." type of press release, well in advance. Instead, a vague one trumpeting 20 some races that they would be streaming in July "...... starting with the Saturday night A Main of the Cornbelt Nationals." And when the paying customers expressed their displeasure for not getting what they were promised, all we got was you coming on here and accusing IOW and it's moderators of participating in some kind of conspiracy to get USAC.

It also hit my radar when I was at Haubstadt last night and I saw that when ASCoC and Tony Stewart roll into Knoxville, streaming rights to their event weren't in any conflict with pre-exsisting exclusivity agreements and went out on Speedshift, as all other ASCoC races do to VIP customers. At the very least it made me wonder how USAC/Flo's customers got a raw deal and Speedshift's didn't.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/28/19 at 8:32 PM.

7/28/19, 9:02 PM   #4
dirtracer74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
It also hit my radar when I was at Haubstadt last night and I saw that when ASCoC and Tony Stewart roll into Knoxville, streaming rights to their event weren't in any conflict with pre-exsisting exclusivity agreements and went out on Speedshift, as all other ASCoC races do to VIP customers. At the very least it made me wonder how USAC/Flo's customers got a raw deal and Speedshift's didn't.

Jerry
Not entirely accurate. Speedshift posted earlier today that they will not be airing tonight at 34 Raceway due to TV contracts.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, opnwhlmnd
7/28/19, 9:25 PM   #5
opnwhlmnd

I just don't get it. USAC has 92 national events scheduled this year. I can watch 90 of them for $150 and people are upset they can't get the two missing ones. I can also watch all of the CRA and USAC Southwest Sprints for that same $150.

Some people pay good money to swear Haubstadt is second to none. Me I left Tri-State last night on lap 10. Heavy, wet, and anyone with decent horsepower can be fast is not my cup of tea. However I was able to finish the race watching on my phone while walking to my car. Thanks FLO! I've yet to have a problem with a telecast and as I've said before I bet 75% of them are self induced.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, rick42
7/28/19, 9:51 PM   #6
SoIllSprinter

So you paid $25 to watch 10 laps of the feature live and then watch the remainder on your phone while you walked to the car?

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, luckybuc97
7/28/19, 9:56 PM   #7
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Just asking a question John. Were you expecting someone from Knoxville, Speedvision, or Dirt vision to get on here to answer? Or were just trying to take a shot at Flo and USAC again. Just curious.
Well Brent I thought it was a legitimate question since the answer I got from USAC when I called them was that it was an issue with Dirtvision. So why was there an issue with flo but not Speedshift. Are they afraid of making Stewart mad, did money change hands? Who knows but I think I am within my rights to wonder why. But Brent the best reason to ask this question was to get a rise out of you and it looks like I was 100% successful at that.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, GickSpeed
7/28/19, 10:01 PM   #8
opnwhlmnd

No I paid the 25 to see the John Deere parade of stars that I've been missing since I was there last year. After all the excitement of that the actual race was a let down.

I didn't care for the feature so watched reminder on my phone. It was only 25 dollars, I most likely spilled that much alcohol at The Frolic Friday night at Bloomington.
Last edited by opnwhlmnd; 7/28/19 at 10:04 PM.

7/28/19, 10:33 PM   #9
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
No I paid the 25 to see the John Deere parade of stars that I've been missing since I was there last year. After all the excitement of that the actual race was a let down.

I didn't care for the feature so watched reminder on my phone. It was only 25 dollars, I most likely spilled that much alcohol at The Frolic Friday night at Bloomington.
Takes all kinds. Your loss. Pretty petty and silly in my book. Anyone who leaves on lap 10 of the feature??? Really? Glad you got your Flo-Jo.....least you beat the traffic.....Winner!.......,SMH
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/28/19 at 11:00 PM.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, jdull99, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > All Stars on Speedvision