IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Indiana sprint week start times shifted
7/15/19, 9:10 PM   #1
Usac: Indiana sprint week start times shifted
admin

7/15/19 8:38 PM INDIANA SPRINT WEEK START TIMES SHIFTED

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...-times-shifted

INDIANA SPRINT WEEK START TIMES SHIFTED

Speedway, Indiana (July 15, 2019)………The opening weekend of the 32nd annual NOS Energy Drink Indiana Sprint Week tour will have a cooler start with this Thursday through Sunday’s event times pushed back to later in the evening.

On Thursday, July 18 at Gas City I-69 Speedway, pits open at 4pm, front gates open at 5pm and hot laps begin at 7:30pm.* On Friday, July 19 at Plymouth Speedway, pits open at 4pm, front gates open at 5pm and hot laps get on track at 7:30pm.* On Saturday, July 20 at Kokomo Speedway, pits open at 4pm, front gates open at 4pm, and hot laps start at 7:30pm.* On Sunday, July 21 at Lawrenceburg Speedway, pits open at 4pm, front gates open at 5pm and hot laps get underway at 7pm. *All times Eastern.

USAC is committed to running an efficient program each night with only two divisions on the event card.

Following the first four events, NOS Energy Drink Indiana Sprint Week continues with more USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship racing.* The second half of ISW kicks off Wednesday, July 24, at the Terre Haute Action Track before heading to Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville on Thursday, July 25, Bloomington Speedway on Friday, July 26, and the finale at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt on Saturday, July 27.

7/15/19, 10:17 PM   #2
Leroy Jenkins

Yeah start them later cuz it's hot in the summer, who cares if people have to work the next day

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/15/19, 10:24 PM   #3
Re: Usac: Indiana sprint week start times shifted
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
Yeah start them later cuz it's hot in the summer, who cares if people have to work the next day
You’re not bothered by the heat, but apparently losing a little bit of sleep is crossing the line.

7/15/19, 10:34 PM   #4
cl124

Just lost a couple more taken seats for Sunday. Don’t get this at all. It’s this hot almost every summer in this area.

2 members like this post: Leroy Jenkins, tirespinner
7/15/19, 11:27 PM   #5
Rpracing1

Unfortunately USAC’s core fan base is an aging population group. Heat tends to affect the older crowd more and they have to cater to their core. No disrespect intended as I am closing in on the 6 decade club. I would be there regardless of start time though.

3 members like this post: Big Mike 7, erich45, tirespinner
7/16/19, 12:05 AM   #6
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Thank you. This is a good move and will lead to better track conditions and better racing. Some idiot fans don't realize the danger of heat and the added gear the safety crews have to wear along with drivers and crews having to work on the cars. Not to mention 7:30pm used to be a pretty standard starting time back in the day where I'm from and that is Central time. Being on Eastern time really screwed over Indiana racing of course by now some have forgotten what actual night time racing was. If you go you're gonna love it and wish it was this way all the time

7/16/19, 12:58 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Gee, I remember when hot laps were 730 racing at 830 every week.

6 members like this post: jdull99, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012, PJ Wright, ryan84, sprinter31
7/16/19, 2:00 AM   #8
jdull99

I was gona suggest this on the "Heat" thread! Heck of an idea! (I actly think all racing should start later..."back in the day" I think everything used to start at like 8pm cuz that was after people milked their cows - I heard - it worked back then...). Amazing in northern IL last few days, around the 730/8pm hour, it is a measurable difference on being comfortable outside (compared to the little heat wave we are having). I agree that everyone should look out for the track workers/pit crews; as much as anything ("easier" to get people to help if they don't have to be there in the middle of the afternoon - no matter what the weather is)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 7/16/19 at 2:05 AM.

7/16/19, 5:55 AM   #9
Non wing lover

The young can suffer complications this heat and humidity is extreme it's not always like this just the last few years it has this type of heat effects not only the elderly it effects the young too young people have asthma and other lung and breathing problems until you walk a mile in someone else shoes keep your bigmouth shut all you care about is the races I do too but people have serious health issues this heat only complictes it even more but I f your healthy and can handle the heat more power to ya you might be only one in stands enjoy yourself

1 member likes this post: Hammer
7/16/19, 11:36 AM   #10
Leroy Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
You’re not bothered by the heat, but apparently losing a little bit of sleep is crossing the line.
I guess when they race in Florida and Arizona they push the start time back too since it's too hot, but probably not because those people are "used" to it that live there.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Indiana sprint week start times shifted