IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC screws paid Floracing fan
7/5/19, 9:13 AM   #21
Re: USAC screws paid Floracing fan
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDINDY View Post
Exactly, and can we add some midget or chicks mud wrestling . As a fan I want the full real deal.
Creativity and stuff is also missing. Im perfectly fine with just a decent racing event. But what happened to A kid wins a bike nights, Two Gorrilla's get hitched. Claude the happy trumpeter. I don't see any of that anymore.

7/5/19, 10:26 AM   #22
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Yeah, they actually might. Look at the crowds and the therefore, cash flow the organizations mentioned had 20 years ago, then look at today. Streaming is a way to increase cash flow. Ideally, streaming will also expose a new fans that will want to attend the races, but it is a risky proposition. If you do a good enough job of streaming, you might discourage current fans from attending.
This streaming thing has yet to totally play itself out. Go back and read Kevin Dobson's post. I'm pretty sure most if not all of the tracks arent being compensated by the sanctioning bodies or the streaming companies for the rights to stream a sanctioned race at their tracks. You can bet when contracts are signed for next year most will be lined up with their hands out for their piece of the pie. Prices will inevitably go up and some fans who think its a good deal now may decide its too expensive. That being said this is the way that young people consume entertainment and if racing does not follow they will be left behind as the older generation of fans fade away.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/5/19, 10:39 AM   #23
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
That being said this is the way that young people consume entertainment and if racing does not follow they will be left behind as the older generation of fans fade away.
Absolutely. I think it can be marketed to the older generation as they may not be physically able to attend as many events as well. Keep those fans and attract new ones.

7/5/19, 5:54 PM   #24
huskermudd

People stop whining be glad you can see the race live flo racing is doing a great job where else can you see that many races for that price pay the 40 bucks enjoy the race and thank you Knoxville for holding a bigger payout show

7/5/19, 7:56 PM   #25
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskermudd View Post
People stop whining be glad you can see the race live flo racing is doing a great job where else can you see that many races for that price pay the 40 bucks enjoy the race and thank you Knoxville for holding a bigger payout show
Actually it's $19.95 on DirtVision to watch the Knoxville show tonight. Not on floracing tonight

7/5/19, 7:57 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Actually it's $19.95 on DirtVision to watch the Knoxville show tonight. Not on floracing tonight
So I still gotta pay twice for something I already paid for. Sorry. NGH

3 members like this post: miledirt, oldfan49, PIT CART
7/5/19, 8:06 PM   #27
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Knoxville's different but I haven't seen any sanctions purse go up from streaming revenue.
Think again. Saturday pays $20,000 to win. Way bigger than standard purse
As for regular season events on Flo, you're probably right

7/5/19, 8:10 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Think again. Saturday pays $20,000 to win. Way bigger than standard purse
As for regular season events on Flo, you're probably right
Bought Flo with understanding that all USAC Sprint, Midget and Champs would be aired live and the page advertising it that way is still there.

Whats next, BC39 not aired due to speedway contract with NBCSN?

I'll keep my $$ and go to burg or lps. tomorrow
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/5/19 at 8:11 PM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/5/19, 8:36 PM   #29
Midget98

This is on the floracing website...

"Through this new agreement, which takes effect Jan. 1, 2019, FloRacing will broadcast all of USAC Racing’s flagship National Championship events in its Silver Crown Championship, AMSOIL National Sprint Series and the NOS Energy Drink National Midget Championship."

Maybe clever wording by saying "all flagship events" rather than "all events". What other races won't be broadcast this year?

7/5/19, 9:45 PM   #30
Red Clay

Maybe they are guaranteeing ALL national points races? This is a non points race, so it would not be a national championship event.

2 members like this post: billw, Heromaker
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC screws paid Floracing fan