IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > the burg
9/16/17, 10:37 PM   #21
Re: the burg
BrentTFunk

He has done that several times. Must have USAC confused with the Outlaws, they are the only ones who penalize as far as I know

7 members like this post: Chief29, Dirtfan, GRAYBEARD, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner
9/16/17, 11:55 PM   #22
Gregg

I know Fishburger promised I would have a rundown. But I have to admit I dropped the ball. There was not even shiny things to distract me. The last seven laps got a little crazy. On the final restart Swanson looked like he got sideways and had to gather it up. Bilbee could not slow fast enough and climbed his wheel. Moffatt, behind Bilbee did a pirouette to miss both of them and lost more ground than anybody. This jumbled up the standings quite a bit.

When all was shook out, Landon Simon found himself in 2nd and closing in on Swanson. The handling seemed to have went away on his car but somehow managed to bring his car home for the win over Simon.

Westerfeld did not have the best of nights. He drew a bad pill draw in his heat and could not race his way to a transfer position. Started 18th in the feature. Brought it up to 11th by the 5th lap, trying hard, perhaps too hard and got together with Tony DiMattia.

With Westerfeld out, the championship was Kinsers but not so fast. Kinser admitted to having temperature issues with his engine. He was dropping back to make sure the motor wouldn't blow.

I admit we talk to Shawn most every week he runs. I was pulling for him but Jordon Kinser won the championship and I'm very happy for him. The last time the Kinser won the championship it was Sheldon Kinser Jr in 1998 and, as with this evening a Kinser won it driving the Hurst Brothers sprinter.

Sorry I don't have more on the finishing order.
Last edited by Gregg; 9/17/17 at 6:05 AM.

9/17/17, 12:30 AM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Me, I was pulling for Jordan Kinser, The Hurst Bros and Him have been front running and pretty regular the last couple years and he's won one race last year and this.
Talked with Jordan's dad at Whitey's Liquor afterwards and they were fixin to party said motor temp was pegged at 300 and oil gauge read 0. He finished and won the Championship.

Kody Swanson had em covered to be honest. Bilbee and him swapped the lead two or three times on the first couple laps and Bilbee stayed close until the red for Westerfeld/Dimattia which was one of the nastest flips of the year IMHO Shaw just kept tumblin nose to tail with a couple side rolls to boot. Dimattia had a couple bad tumbles in there as well. Think it was the restart lap that Dallas Hewitt flipped, His second bad one at Burg this year (Sad for him) After the restart Swanson found a line out of four the only other using it was Moffatt. Going in to three High, Setting it about half way and driving down the bank almost to the bottom of four. He'd pull a hundred feet on em every lap with that move and the last restart is the only reason anyone got close. A lap 18 light flip caused a restart and Kody drove in low into one, Missed it bad and Bilbee running hard ran up over him. Really screwing him up as I think he fell back to about fifth. Swanson held on for the win even though it looked like a hard charging Simon was faster, Swanson was still pulling on the turn four drive.

Congrats to Kody Swanson on the win and Jordan Kinser on the championship!!

Mods were won by Kramer with David Spille winning the championship of a No show for his son's wedding Scottie Kincade.

Results Unofficial for Sprints and it's really unoffical as Hewith Flipped after the Westerfeld Dimattia flip.

Finish Start Car Driver Hometown Points
1 1 20N Kody Swanson Kingsburg , Ca 150.00
2 9 24 Landon Simon Tipp City, Oh 140.00
3 3 44 Dickie Gaines Mitchell , In 130.00
4 12 18 Jarett Andretti Indianapolis , In 120.00
5 2 17 Nick Bilbee Indianapolis , In 110.00
6 14 32 Garrett Abrams Rushville , In 105.00
7 13 4J Justin Owen Harrison , Oh 100.00
8 8 5J Joss Moffatt Columbus , In 95.00
9 11 44S Michael Fischesser Cincinnati , Oh 90.00
10 4 70 Jordan Kinser Bedford , In 85.00
11 6 12 Ted Hines Fortville , In 80.00
12 16 76 Jj Hughes Columbus , In 75.00
13 7 39 Matt Goodnight Winchester , In 70.00
14 15 04 Drew Abel North Vernon, In 65.00
15 20 7M Tony Mcvey Waldron , In 60.00
16 5 19 Matt Cooley Greenville , Oh 55.00
17 10 50 Tony Dimattia Malvern , Pa 50.00
18 18 89 Shawn Westerfeld Guilford , In 45.00
19 17 17R Kyle Robbins New Castle, In 40.00
20 19 16 Dallas Hewitt Troy , Oh 35.00

6 members like this post: fish, FishBurger, Gregg, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, wallbanger II
9/17/17, 12:30 AM   #24
smith19

nobody that runs the burg deserves to win the sprint championship more than dave hurst and his two boys. they have been around since dirt was invented.

ps. dan don't tell the old man I said that.....congrats guys!!!

9/17/17, 1:55 AM   #25
Sandy Lowe

DiMattia, Westerfeld, Robbins & Hewitt all completed 7 laps. On lap 7 that was the running order of those 4 cars.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Gregg, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/17/17, 7:40 AM   #26
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
Curious to see Andretti at the Burg and not at Haubstadt..... I thought USAC frowned on such things....
Daddy John showed his ass at Haubstadt last show there and was told not to come back, Jarrett was a gentlemen about the whole deal

9/17/17, 11:31 AM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Daddy John showed his ass at Haubstadt last show there and was told not to come back, Jarrett was a gentlemen about the whole deal

I have no idea what that was about but i doubt it had anything to do with them Running the Burg, They've done so on many occasions like the second night of "Let's Race Two" Quite frankly they like the Burg as it's a challenging track and it's safety team.

They're welcome anytime! and I wish John the best with his continuing battle with the C word.

3 members like this post: bigq11, FishBurger, mc/rider
9/17/17, 12:47 PM   #28
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
He has done that several times. Must have USAC confused with the Outlaws, they are the only ones who penalize as far as I know
Not completely accurate Mr. Funk ...
Attached Images
IMG_1684.PNG (202.3 KB, 162 views)

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
9/17/17, 2:48 PM   #29
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Can you explain Jim? I heard of no incident at the Labor Day Weekend event.

9/17/17, 5:04 PM   #30
Kendall2020

Forget who was where and all that stuff. congrats to Kody Swanson and Nolen racing! all class acts there

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oppweld, R A K
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > the burg