IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Seats
3/23/14, 10:48 AM   #31
PAW

I never have a hard time finding a good seat . I just set in one of the extra seats my friends save all year. ..

2 members like this post: bandres21, BrentTFunk
3/23/14, 10:53 AM   #32
Re: Gas City Seats
Indy

You know, I'm here thinking about how I feel about the saving seats deal. After the racing starts I can't think of a single instance where I let the seat saving spoil my night. If your a seat saver and are not using all the seats you saved, offer the unused seat to your fellow race fan. You might enjoy the company! I met a lot of good people in the stands that made for good conversation when there was break in the racing. We all have the racing in common.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cjaxx1987, dstensland, Jbaldwin, Justigit, luckybuc97
3/23/14, 11:07 AM   #33
Tim Watson

We had a problem at GC only once. Arrived on Friday morning, put a blanket down in the top row corner on turn 1 so my Dad could video tape and stand up without blocking anybody's view. Simple right? Dad stands on the end and 2 of us sit next to him. Went in before hot laps and people were sitting on our blanket, asked them to move and they said no. They didn't care if it was our blanket or not. To avoid trouble we removed the blanket and moved down a few rows and they agreed to let my Dad stand in the corner to shoot video. Next time that won't happen, my size prevents me from getting in messes like this but i'm sure my buddy Ted could have handled all 3 of them by himself. Next time i'll jump in, i traveled 5 hours and would rather have my A$$ kicked than to give up my seat.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, SPRINTCAR
3/23/14, 11:29 AM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Guess I'll chime in as only a couple races a year visitor.

I really don't have a problem with people showing up early or the night before and laying down seats. It means their going to attempt and probably attend THAT RACE. Gas City you show up and half the top five rows are taped off, a year old plastic sheet etc. Don't matter if you get there at noon or the day before. Theres something there in a location people might want to sit in.

Three or four years ago I witnessed about a thousand people leave even when Jiggs was trying to help people find seats. (The next year they opened the pit grandstands to them) But Im sitting up there looking down at at least four areas with at least 12 seats that are taped off and NOBODY EVER SAT IN THEM. that was just within say 25ft of me. After flagging my arms to Jiggs and pointing them out one of them got filled but the rest of the night the other three stayed empty. Ive come to regular shows where there were plenty of seats but seats taped off were never sat in and nights were taped off seats were only sat in for features.

Right or wrong, good or bad for the track, NOTHING should remain after that show and nothing should be placed till the night before or on race day.

You want season tickets, Buy season tickets. We'll give ya the top three rows.

3/23/14, 11:54 AM   #35
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

Sprint week last year I arrived late and sat 2 rows up behind the flagstand. That was my fault for not being more timely. However I still saw a great night of racing but ate a little more mud than usual. I was glad to have a seat as it was standing room only. But on those bleachers I take every opportunity I get to stretch because they kill my back.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
3/23/14, 12:05 PM   #36
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Can you make another trip over and save one for me too,Uncle Aero??
Got ya covered ASQ,somebody has to sit in there with the old lady while I'm drinking in the parking lot.

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, cowboyhar69, monkeyboy
3/23/14, 12:47 PM   #37
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Got ya covered ASQ,somebody has to sit in there with the old lady while I'm drinking in the parking lot.
Are you going in Aero ???

3/23/14, 2:49 PM   #38
monkeyboy

This is entertaining. Everyone knows the best seat at gas city is wherever all these crybabies aren't sitting. I'd tell the new promoter to stock up on midol and tampons sounds like he'd make a mint.

1 member likes this post: cjaxx1987
3/23/14, 2:54 PM   #39
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
This is entertaining. Everyone knows the best seat at gas city is wherever all these crybabies aren't sitting. I'd tell the new promoter to stock up on midol and tampons sounds like he'd make a mint.
Might as well complain about you standing next to the fence blocking the view

3/23/14, 3:14 PM   #40
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Three or four years ago I witnessed about a thousand people leave even when Jiggs was trying to help people find seats.
A thousand???? C'mon Chuck a hundred maybe but nowhere near a thousand.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: cjaxx1987
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Seats