IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill84 (Offline)
  #1 6/4/19 1:04 PM
How do you keep the darn things from fogging up?

Bill
TQ29m (Online)
  #2 6/4/19 1:55 PM
It's mind over matter, you know that one, what works for me, might not work for you, but I had to learn to breath only thru my nose, also keeps your shield from fogging up, learned that in the hospital.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Tim Bookmiller (Offline)
  #3 6/4/19 4:41 PM
Drill small holes in visor to let more air in
6565 (Offline)
  #4 6/4/19 4:57 PM
Before I leave the house or when I get to the track, take dawn dishwashing soap and a paper towel and apply inside visor and on glasses. No water-just soap. Let it set for 10-15 minutes. Take soft toilet paper and wipe/buff all the soap off til clear- just like waxing a car. Should last the whole night.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #5 6/4/19 5:09 PM
I drilled small holes like Tim Bookmiller posted and I also used rain x anti fog wipes on the inside of the shield. When on real dusty tracks I did not like the holes in the shield so I used women’s roll on deodorant and applied it under my eyes and on my nose along with the anti fog wipes.
ChetC (Offline)
  #6 6/4/19 7:02 PM
Cat Crap. Seriously...
https://www.amazon.com/EK-10003C-Cat-Crap/dp/B002ZNA488
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #7 6/5/19 1:30 AM
Don't know if true or not but somebody told me washing glasses w/ shaving cream can help keep them from fogging up. I'd try this be you race w/ them
davidm (Offline)
  #8 6/5/19 9:50 AM
I used bausch and lomb anti-fog on my glasses and face shield and it worked well for me.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner
Bill84 (Offline)
  #9 6/11/19 2:41 AM
6565 Adam, the soap trick worked really well. I even tried breathing directly on them purposely, and although they fogged up just a little, it immediately went away. And Saturday was a hot muggy day at the track. Thanks for the tip!!
3 Likes: davidm, luckybuc97, tirespinner
nonwing77 (Offline)
  #10 6/11/19 3:31 AM
I ended up getting lasik surgery 15 years ago, and still the best money I ever spent. If its an option, definitely recommend it.