IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Center Wheel Light
4/3/21, 4:13 AM   #1
Center Wheel Light
Stevensville Mike

Okay ladies and gents, I have been watching stuff on Flo the past few nights. Just finished the Friday Thunderbowl Raceway night in Tulare, CA.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a red, sometimes amber LED light in the center of the LR wheel on the cars in some of the series. I saw this earlier in another broadcast. What is that? Is it a new form of transponder?

I know my eyes are not what they used to be, and this stuff I am watching is in high definition, but there ain't no way you are going to tell me those little lights have been there all along.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/3/21, 5:33 AM   #2
PIT CART

They run bleeders inside the axle tube. The red light is probably the power on indicator. Sorry that’s all I know, you can check Swindell speed lab for the exact answer.🏁🏁

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, tirespinner
4/3/21, 11:52 AM   #3
Re: Center Wheel Light
opnwhlmnd

PIT CART is correct it's part of the electronic air bleeders. Jeff Swindell designed them. There is a comparison video on his website.

Best thing about the Swindell Bleeders is they are pretty much maintenance free. Worst thing about them is the $1500 price tag. The Conroy Pneu diaphragm system which is likely the second best bleeder out there the cost is $350 but have to clean and adjust them often.

3 members like this post: jonboat15, PJ Wright, tirespinner
4/3/21, 3:05 PM   #4
Re: Center Wheel Light
Stevensville Mike

I don't care how old you are there is always room to learn something new every day. Thanks men.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Center Wheel Light