IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #1 3/11/14 4:10 PM
Anyone know if these guys are going to be around this year? No schedule has been released, their website cannot be accessed (at least at this time), and the past few years they pretty much just doubled up with the Auto Value Super Sprints schedule.

All I can find right now for HOSS is one date at M-40 Speedway on 7/19.

Just wondering.....
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #2 3/11/14 4:44 PM
Mike,

The only thing that I have found is by looking at track schedules. HOSS is listed as running at New Paris on July 12th; M-40 on July 19th; Illiana on August 2nd and Angola on August 31st.

They normally ran at Baer Field and Anderson and they now have Must See Shows only at both places. Kalamazoo and Berlin both ran HOSS shows in previous years but are now listed as AVSS shows. Rockford formerly ran HOSS shows as well and nothing there this year.

They website was up and running with old information until recently. It is now showing as the domain being available. So, I guess only time will tell.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
5JMOFFATTFAN! (Offline)
  #3 3/11/14 9:42 PM
I was thinking everything kinda went to the must see sprints I didn't even realize hoss was still running
1121 (Offline)
  #4 3/11/14 11:26 PM
I don't have any facts and I don't want to spread any rumors, but I'm sure all your questions will be answered soon. The one thing I do know is that HOSS has DEFINATELY not been acquired by Must See Racing.

Tom Paterson
3 Likes: koolaid89, Mud Packer, team3521
  #5 3/11/14 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Mike,

The only thing that I have found is by looking at track schedules. HOSS is listed as running at New Paris on July 12th; M-40 on July 19th; Illiana on August 2nd and Angola on August 31st.

They normally ran at Baer Field and Anderson and they now have Must See Shows only at both places. Kalamazoo and Berlin both ran HOSS shows in previous years but are now listed as AVSS shows. Rockford formerly ran HOSS shows as well and nothing there this year.

They website was up and running with old information until recently. It is now showing as the domain being available. So, I guess only time will tell.
Thanks, 'Packer. I had not realized that HOSS had three more races set up. The New Paris and Illiana ones are also AVSS goes. AVSS has the Angola date as a TBA, so we'll see.

What got my attention about the M-40 date is that it is a stand alone HOSS race. What is odd is that they appear to have a good working relationship with AVSS, but AVSS is running Kalamazoo that same night. Any paved track up here going up against Kalamazoo will have their hands full. K-zoo has solid crowds weekly.

And Tom, thanks for your input. Your comments are always highly regarded from this camp. Like you said, I guess we'll see. HOSS is usually one of the last series to release schedules, but this year, it seemed a little "too" late.
schwarzracen27 (Offline)
  #6 3/18/14 8:11 PM
From pavementsprints.com

Auto Value Bumper to Bumper Super Sprints and Hoosier Outlaw Sprint Series Join Forces

Series Report

CASSOPOLIS, Mich. (March 18, 2014) – Auto Value Bumper to Bumper Super Sprints (AVBBSS) and Hoosier Outlaw Sprint Series (HOSS) officials announced the two Winged Sprint Car Tours have merged for the upcoming 2014 season.

"Merging HOSS and AVBBSS only strengthens sprint car racing in the Midwest,” said Tom Hartsell, Auto Value Bumper to Bumper Super Sprints Series President. “HOSS and AVSS have enjoyed a successful partnership for the past few years and moving forward as one series was the logical choice. We are looking forward to having a full schedule, with additional races to our schedule being added over the next few weeks."

Hoosier Outlaw Sprint Series owner Tony Swanson will continue to play an integral part in Winged Sprint Car racing serving as a consultant.

In 2013, HOSS featured nine events at six tracks in Indiana and Michigan. The series featured nine winners with Joe Swanson earning his second consecutive title. Other recent champions include Aaron Pierce, Jason Cox, Tim Cox and Geoff Kaiser.

"Combining HOSS and AVSS helps Auto Value have a more constant foothold here in Indiana,” said Tony Swanson of the Hoosier Outlaw Sprint Series. “Also, having the two series under one banner helps our teams and drivers who are looking forward to running together."

The Auto Value Bumper to Bumper Super Sprints concluded their 17th season of Winged Sprint Car racing in 2013. Jason Blonde earned his fifth series title while the series showcased five winners in seven races.

Gary Fedewa sits atop the career victory list with 38 checkered flags. Blonde ranks in second spot at 34 wins with Billy Tyler (27), Tom Fedewa (25) and Jeff Bloom (19) rounding out the top five.

The Auto Value Bumper to Bumper Super Sprints Series competes in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Auto Value Auto Parts has been a supporter of the group since its formation in the fall of 1996.

For additional information on the Auto Value Super Sprint Series, visit www.SuperSprints.com.
8 Likes: cowboyhar69, johnnythunderhead, koolaid89, nathans1012, PJ Wright, Stevensville Mike, Task Force, team3521
  #7 3/18/14 9:18 PM
Well, that ties THAT loose end up.

Looking at their combined schedule, they are ending it with three races in.......... California?

http://www.supersprints.com/schedule.htm
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #8 3/18/14 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:

Looking at their combined schedule, they are ending it with three races in.......... California?

Mike,

I talked to someone in the know today and they said that this merger was coming for some time. It seems it is all about tires and costs and this was done to try and salvage winged pavement sprint cars that both series had been successful with prior to Must See.

The California races are King of Wings and I believe that Davey Hamilton is really the driving force behind this. Including three midwestern races the word is that AVSS will be providing the race officials and tech for these races. This is just information that I heard today.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
team3521 (Offline)
  #9 3/18/14 11:13 PM
They better start to make some changes soon! The costs are going to cost them cars soon!
I'd be looking at tires! Where to get better, cheaper tires other than Hoosier.
Rod (Offline)
  #10 3/19/14 2:25 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:

We are really looking forward to seeing the midwest cars at Madera, Irwindale, and Bakersfield! Even if the 410s are running 1.875 restrictors, should be awesome shows.