IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #1 5/21/22 7:55 PM
Seen waynesfield do it last year and then the other night, Now watching Plymouth Dirt track do it. and Eldora has done it since Tony took over.

Why not let it run as the night goes on. To me it's what makes sprint car racing exciting If you can hit it right several laps in a row, you can move forward many positions.

I mean if it's only a lane and a half wide after hotlaps and qualifying maybe. But not half track and beyond.

Thoughts?

Charles Nungester
Midget98 (Offline)
  #2 5/21/22 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Seen waynesfield do it last year and then the other night, Now watching Plymouth Dirt track do it. and Eldora has done it since Tony took over.

Why not let it run as the night goes on. To me it's what makes sprint car racing exciting If you can hit it right several laps in a row, you can move forward many positions.

I mean if it's only a lane and a half wide after hotlaps and qualifying maybe. But not half track and beyond.

Thoughts?
Duplicate
Midget98 (Offline)
  #3 5/21/22 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:

Thoughts?
To me, there's hardly ever a reason to grade off a cushion. Running it in with the push trucks is a far better plan. The cushion takes skill and guts to run effectively. It's what separates real racers from the rest. If I want to watch guys slide around on a smooth flat track, I'll go watch a late model show.
9 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, flagboy55, Longtime sprinter, luckybuc97, oldfan49, oppweld, PIT CART, rimrider69
sw1911 (Offline)
  #4 5/22/22 11:31 AM

I saw Darland do that once at Lincoln Park and I have not seen anyone else do it like that either before or since. It was mesmerizing.
5 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Longtime sprinter, PIT CART, racenut69, tirespinner
Truphy (Offline)
  #5 5/22/22 1:11 PM
I’ve witness t mez do it once at LPS . I mean he slammed his rear tire on it shot off like a rocket . It was pretty amazing.
4 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, racenut69, rimrider69, tirespinner