IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio Sprint Week 2024 Dates.....
12/9/23, 10:51 PM   #1
Ohio Sprint Week 2024 Dates.....
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

From the Hilltop Speedway Facebook page.

12/10/23, 10:29 AM   #2
Re: Ohio Sprint Week 2024 Dates.....
Stevensville Mike

Thanks, Nathan. Been waiting to see what this might look like. Now it makes me wonder if Flo is going to carry it.

If you toss out Millstream and that date, it is a nice geographical swing around the state. The week has had it's zig zags over the years.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
12/10/23, 12:45 PM   #3
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Thanks, Nathan. Been waiting to see what this might look like. Now it makes me wonder if Flo is going to carry it.

If you toss out Millstream and that date, it is a nice geographical swing around the state. The week has had it's zig zags over the years.

From what I saw 1/2 the races will be on Flo Racing and 1/2 will be on Dirt Vision.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Jonr
12/10/23, 12:51 PM   #4
BrentTFunk

This could turn into a real train wreck. To me this shows how much the All Stars were on the ropes in Ohio. Had someone tell me that last year, and I didn't want to believe him. Think he was right. Hope it works out for the fans, teams, and tracks.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 12/10/23 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added last 2 words

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
12/10/23, 6:01 PM   #5
nathans1012

Look at this from a distance and having already seen some folks thoughts on the 410 Wing sprint car landscape in the eastern half of the U.S. it will be interesting to see what the schedules look like for FAST, IRA, MOWA, OVSCA, and what other tracks appear in the new Maverick series schedule for 2024 when their all posted and comparing them.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
12/10/23, 8:51 PM   #6
hoscalecody

Quote:

Added it up on google. Was around 856 miles starting at Attica. Millstream date is questionable. I understand they're trying to get tracks closer to their normal day they race.

I thought it should've been Attica, Freemont, Millstream, Waynesfield, Wayne Co, Sharon, Hilltop, Muskingum, Atomic. Not go all the way across, then down 3/4, back up to NW then all the way back down. Doing it the way they have it adds 183 miles. Going to Hilltop before Sharon also adds around 45 miles. Where the way my idea goes from 856 miles to 628 miles, 228 mile difference. Depending on fuel mileage that's 22.8-38 gallon difference.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 12/10/23 at 8:52 PM.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
12/10/23, 9:19 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

When's the last time Millstream was on the Sprint Week card?

Remember going to one when Jeff Gordon won it.

Also went a couple times when Hamer ran it a few years back. Good racing at this track, both a high and low line.

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
12/10/23, 10:21 PM   #8
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
When's the last time Millstream was on the Sprint Week card?
I was there in 2016. Sunday, June 19th. It was a hot day, too, the track dried out early on and they never watered it after the cars took to it for hot laps. They DID, however, keep watering the INFIELD dirt portion for the push trucks which had us shaking our heads.

Ironically the night before at Waynesfield, a far cry from the Millstream effort, the track went south and they decided to rework it. Tony Stewart took the reins of this tractor and an attached little scraper implement, which looked about 3' wide from the stands, and it turned into a heck of a show in which Sheldon Haudenschild took honors.

Dale Blaney walked off with the Millstream gagger it in a single file procession. I remember Rico Abreu did not make the A-Main, so he went out back of the stands in his souvenir trailer and signed autographs, posed for pictures, spoke with the fans, and pretty much sold out all of his stuff. He probably made more that night than Blaney did for winning.

But after that apathetic effort to keep the track stout for good racing, you couldn't pay me to go back to Millstream no matter who owns it now. Even if you gave me free cheap beer.

2016, Charles. That's my guess w/o looking it up on google.
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 12/12/23 at 10:10 AM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester
12/10/23, 10:36 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
I was there in 2016. Sunday, June 19th. It was a hot day, too, the track dried out early on and they never watered it after the cars took to it for hot laps. They DID, however, keep watering the INFIELD dirt portion for the push trucks which had us shaking our heads.

Ironically the night before at Waynesfield, a far cry from the Millstream effort, the track went south and they decided to rework it. Tony Stewart took the reins of this tractor and an attached little scraper implement, which looked about 3' wide from the stands, and it turned into a heck of a show in which Sheldon Haudenschild took honors.

Dave Blaney walked off with the Millstream gagger it in a single file procession. I remember Rico Abreu did not make the A-Main, so he went out back of the stands in his souvenir trailer and signed autographs, posed for pictures, spoke with the fans, and pretty much sold out all of his stuff. He probably made more that night than Blaney did for winning.

But after that apathetic effort to keep the track stout for good racing, you couldn't pay me to go back to Millstream no matter who owns it now. Even if you gave me free cheap beer.

2016, Charles. That's my guess w/o looking it up on google.

Im not sure what year Boss ran it twice. Second was a Haloween race with Wings racing as well. Kraig Kinser won the wings. Sheldon flipped while leading biking on the cushion of the Non Wings and Jac couldn't keep a RR hoosier from blowing

12/11/23, 1:19 PM   #10
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
From the Hilltop Speedway Facebook page.

I just checked Hilltop FB page & couldn't find it....
????

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio Sprint Week 2024 Dates.....