IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Coronavirus effecting motorsports.
3/13/20, 4:29 PM   #21
interpreter66

[quote=racer-x;526317]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
I saw your post right after I posted and it made some good points. All I can think of is your post really had nothing to do with motorsports and just the economy in general. My is about motorsports at the virus effect on it.[/QUOTE

Isn’t the economy in general tied to all of motor sports?? My rant got deleted also.

Today was the last day to order your tickets and keep your scheduled seat for the little 500! Not sure what we’re going to due next .

3/13/20, 4:30 PM   #22
interpreter66

[quote=interpreter66;526319]

Little 500 post

I would order if it was me ,that is 60 days away this all started with China and they got theirs under control in less time than that I believe ,I couldn’t imagine that we couldn’t also ,just my opinion
Last edited by interpreter66; 3/13/20 at 4:32 PM.

2 members like this post: bus man, nathans1012
3/13/20, 8:01 PM   #23
Re: Coronavirus effecting motorsports.
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Plan B is to watch it in a bar in St. Pete.
I am now working on Plan C. I feel like we are going backwards out of the A Main.

2 members like this post: duel, mc/rider
3/13/20, 8:05 PM   #24
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Lincoln, Port Royal and Williams Grove are all still planning to race this weekend. Come for the weekend and you could see at least two races.

3 members like this post: duel, jdull99, oppweld
3/13/20, 9:06 PM   #25
duel

looks like only live sports in town is the Port City 600 show tonight.

3/16/20, 4:12 PM   #26
Stevensville Mike

I received this e-mail from the ticket service company for the IndyCar race in St. Pete that was canceled:

UPDATE:

Ticket Purchasers on file for the March 13-15, 2020 event may choose to defer their purchased tickets for use at the March 2021 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. Alternatively, ticket purchasers may elect to receive a credit for the full amount paid plus an additional 10% to apply towards future Green Savoree Racing Promotions events, including, but not limited to, grandstand seating, general admission, camping, RV space, paddock access and pit passes at either the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Honda Indy Toronto or Grand Prix of Portland. This 110% credit can be used in a single transaction during the remainder of the 2020 or 2021 season, subject to availability.

Ticket holders will receive detailed instructions and next steps via email Friday March 20, 2020. Thank you for your continued patience.

We look forward to racing on the streets of St. Petersburg March 2021!

I am reading this as I can either go to the 2021 St Pete race or use my tickets and get credit plus 10% for selected other races this year. I am not liking the wording that does not have a sentence in there reading "or a full refund given", or words to that effect.

To be continued March 20th - the next update.

3/16/20, 5:18 PM   #27
interpreter66

Quote:
I received this e-mail from the ticket service company for the IndyCar race in St. Pete that was canceled:

UPDATE:

Ticket Purchasers on file for the March 13-15, 2020 event may choose to defer their purchased tickets for use at the March 2021 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. Alternatively, ticket purchasers may elect to receive a credit for the full amount paid plus an additional 10% to apply towards future Green Savoree Racing Promotions events, including, but not limited to, grandstand seating, general admission, camping, RV space, paddock access and pit passes at either the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Honda Indy Toronto or Grand Prix of Portland. This 110% credit can be used in a single transaction during the remainder of the 2020 or 2021 season, subject to availability.

Ticket holders will receive detailed instructions and next steps via email Friday March 20, 2020. Thank you for your continued patience.

I am reading this as I can either go to the 2021 St Pete race or use my tickets and get credit plus 10% for selected other races this year. I am not liking the wording that does not have a sentence in there reading "or a full refund given", or words to that effect.

It’s all over the news here ,people are mad about it ,some of the sports talk radio stations are getting on them about it trying to get it changed to get a full refund ,their response is it says on the back of the ticket that it can be canceled at any time with absolutely no refund, it’s absolutely bull crap and they are taking a big hit publicity wise on this deal, it is totally green savoy promotions they are the ones that put on the race ,it’s not the indyCar series or St Petersburg officials that are responsible for this, let’s hope they change their minds . I’m sure somebody that was going to go to the race here has the means to go to the race in Portland come on really !

3/17/20, 12:20 AM   #28

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:

UPDATE:

They should offer the 10% to renew next years St Petes race. it say it is good for the 2020 and 2021 season. That would likely get them the least refund requests which they should be offering given the circumstances.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
3/17/20, 1:59 PM   #29
ISP1700

Indy Screen is having a huge cyber sale during the Covid-19 lockdown. order online at
www.indyscreenprint.com.

3/26/20, 8:51 PM   #30
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
It’s all over the news here ,people are mad about it ,some of the sports talk radio stations are getting on them about it trying to get it changed to get a full refund ,their response is it says on the back of the ticket that it can be canceled at any time with absolutely no refund, it’s absolutely bull crap and they are taking a big hit publicity wise on this deal, it is totally green savoy promotions they are the ones that put on the race ,it’s not the indyCar series or St Petersburg officials that are responsible for this, let’s hope they change their minds . I’m sure somebody that was going to go to the race here has the means to go to the race in Portland come on really !
They reported on the news tonight that they are going to try and rescehedule the race for later this year,stay tuned we will see!

1 member likes this post: jdull99
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Coronavirus effecting motorsports.