IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Funniest racing picture
7/15/09, 2:39 AM   #21
Re: Funniest racing picture
Racer12

The story I have heard on the hand signals is that the more that Wally flipped chuck off the harder he drove. I have tried this before and sometime it works. Here is a quote but the names have been removed to protect the guilty. "you just got passed by #$%@! (*&^!#!~ ***!" This quote from around 2006 by a fellow crew member of mine.

The pic from John Mahoney of I belive one of the caruthers sitting on J.P. Jr's shoulders while he is strapped in from the 70's is the funniest! Ahhhhh to be around when racing wasn't so damn SERIOUS! And any pic of Larry Rice and his silly ass hats are good to!

Bob

7/15/09, 5:13 AM   #22
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
anybody have Daves Pitstop photo of last year at the Kokomo Klash winners circle. That showed the Peterbuilt crew with masks on. And Standbrough didn't have a clue what was going on behind him. Funny Winners circle photo.

Lynn
http://www.pbase.com/pitpass/kokomo_klash_sprints

-Dave Merritt photo.
Last edited by Midget82; 7/15/09 at 5:15 AM.

7/15/09, 8:51 AM   #23
Bubzilla

There's a photo out there somewhere similar to the Chuck Booth shot, in which Chuck Gurney (also in a dirt champ car) is passing someone and giving them the salute too. I looked for it on the net for a bit, but couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure I still have a copy on one of my old laptops. I'll look for it if no one else finds it.

7/15/09, 10:27 AM   #24
Gasman fan 50

Our first Indy car race in 89 at PIR mile. Mears in the Penz car had the field covered and lapping the back markers. A kid took him out because he didn't keep his line. Spun Mears out as he had his black gloved finger in the air. The first time seeing all 4 tires go pop! Sure miss those days.

7/15/09, 11:22 AM   #25
Downey44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Some folks at The Frolic at Gas City this past Saturday posing in racing suits "borrowed" from Brandon Petty

Don't know who the one all the way to the left is but he has good taste in beer

7/15/09, 5:15 PM   #26
Speedwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubzilla View Post
There's a photo out there somewhere similar to the Chuck Booth shot, in which Chuck Gurney (also in a dirt champ car) is passing someone and giving them the salute too. I looked for it on the net for a bit, but couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure I still have a copy on one of my old laptops. I'll look for it if no one else finds it.
Old age must be creeping up on me. I thought the Gurney picture was taken during a midget race. Minor detail either way.

7/15/09, 6:03 PM   #27
mnnonwing

Hewitt rocks!!!

7/15/09, 7:08 PM   #28
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwrench View Post
Old age must be creeping up on me. I thought the Gurney picture was taken during a midget race. Minor detail either way.
it was driving car 54!

7/16/09, 6:32 AM   #29
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwrench View Post
You are correct.
David.

http://ovalmeister.webs.com/apps/pho...otoid=26420394

7/17/09, 10:34 AM   #30
Jack Dupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
It had to be the picture of the sprint car that was built inside of a mobile home. To get the car out, they had to take the side wall out of the mobile home.
Everyman's hero, Robert Bell

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Funniest racing picture