IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
zerospeed (Offline)
  #1 2/7/13 12:06 AM
I have a full-time commitment already, however I am looking for a part-time pavement sprint car ride. I would run the little 500, or select avss/hoss/must see racing events. I have the funding for tires and am backed by a major/national engine builder. If anyone has a part-time seat available, the engine will be cared for in the same facility they build some of their nascar cup and baja engines, and as previously mentioned I have tire funding also. Just reply here if you have something available and leave your contact info. I don't really check messages on here, so just reply to this post if you're interested.
cecil98 (Offline)
  #2 2/7/13 1:15 PM
To start, it's going to be difficult to find someone to invest time/money/equipment in this endeavor. That's just the way it is for most everyone seeking sponsorship or partnerships in racing without having a personal tie to the sponsor/partner. But, your approach on here makes it ten times more difficult. As a small business owner, there is no way I would commit, or even express interest in a proposition like this on a public forum, especially with knowing absolutely nothing about you, your business history and your racing history/accomplishments. Anybody who would come forward and express such interest would then leave themselves open to being swamped by many others wishing for the same type of deal. I seriously doubt that anyone is going to negotiate with you publically on this thread. I would suggest that you rethink your position of not reading your PM's and edit your post to let would-be persons with interest submit, or request, contact information to/from you privately. Good luck! (miracles do happen and I may be proven wrong, but I just think your odds of finding an interested party are greater if you do it privately).....
2 Likes: speed bump, team3521
zerospeed (Offline)
  #3 2/7/13 2:20 PM
Hey....thanks for your post..... (not really). I don't have my name on here for a reason. I just received backing from a team of national proportion (nascar, WoO, arca, etc; they have major interests in all) SO it's not my privilege to use their name as I please on a public forum. However, I'm looking for a few select dates in a certain market that happen to work for me. I posted here because I'm just looking for something that coincides with my full-time commitment... I've been racing long enough that I'm intelligent enough not to "negotiate" on a public forum. I was just using it as a mass contact/ad tool to possibly get in touch with someone. I already have funding, real....major sponsors...I'm not soliciting money or negotiating. Thanks for your advice though, it was completely unneeded.
3 Likes: ChadSmith, fasster23, Puppy
ShamrockRacin'48G (Offline)
  #4 2/7/13 2:34 PM
....Well funded, Nationally backed or not, nobody wants to help the South end of a North bound Mule....
4 Likes: burris7555, koolaid89, speed bump, team3521
zerospeed (Offline)
  #5 2/7/13 4:02 PM
Not at all dude....I just was looking to see what/if anything was available.. I'm a nobody, totally broke typical guy who spends all his time and money racing. I just happen to have a great sponsor helping me and am looking to see what I can find, that's it.
4wheelsinthekoosh (Offline)
  #6 2/7/13 6:40 PM
Do what you got to do zero and spread your word so you get what you want accomplished. There are a lot of bitter old fogies and people on here that will take shots at you. You were simply asking a question not begging for someones kids lunch money.

Posted via Mobile Device
26 Likes: 767, billwill7, bsmith8, cwfan08, dirt330, DiverseFab31, EPSpeed, erich45, fish, JackSam40, JstAbvVMC, Kansasdirtfan, Knoke77, LRP36, luckybuc97, MEAT, mowerman, Puppy, randy j, scooter99, smcpherson, tim brown, Tony74, Topless77, welder, wvwildthg
ChadSmith (Offline)
  #7 2/7/13 7:39 PM
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh:
Do what you got to do zero and spread your word so you get what you want accomplished. There are a lot of bitter old fogies and people on here that will take shots at you. You were simply asking a question not begging for someones kids lunch money.

Posted via Mobile Device
Couldn't have said it better. Good luck, driver. Best of luck this year on the track as well as with your search. I envy you for having a tire sponsor, that's one of the best kind of sponsors.

Chad Smith

Posted via Mobile Device
6 Likes: big3131, bsmith8, JstAbvVMC, luckybuc97, PatrickMead#13, wvwildthg
sprint48 (Offline)
  #8 2/7/13 9:19 PM
I have a team with some dates open call me 260-271-9340

Scott
2 Likes: Puppy, scooter99
4wheelsinthekoosh (Offline)
  #9 2/8/13 12:00 AM
I have a tire sponser??? Huh?? Better tell them that the car is parked and for sale before they get to excited. No really its parked and for sale. Lookin for a ride like everyone else just not going to start a thread saying awww whoa is me please help me find a ride. My main mission on this site is to stir it up not beg for help.

Posted via Mobile Device
zerospeed (Offline)
  #10 2/8/13 12:14 AM
Scott I'll give you a call tomorrow. I was trying to sell my car because I don't have room for it....no other reason dude. I'm committed to a full time, long term deal...I just don't have a ton of shop room with the other car coming in, that's it. I'm actually probably going to keep it, I don't really want to sell it.

Posted via Mobile Device