IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bc39 at the dirt track at ims canceled
6/4/20, 10:50 AM   #1
Usac: Bc39 at the dirt track at ims canceled
admin

6/4/20 10:15 AM BC39 AT THE DIRT TRACK AT IMS CANCELED

More...

BC39 AT THE DIRT TRACK AT IMS CANCELED

Indianapolis, Indiana (June 4, 2020)………Following extensive consultation with local and state officials amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Indianapolis Motor Speedway officials have announced the cancelation of the July 1-2, 2020 Driven2SaveLives BC39 powered by NOS Energy Drink featuring the USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship at The Dirt Track at IMS.

Fans who have purchased tickets to these events will also have the option to receive credit to a future IMS event or a refund and will be contacted directly by IMS.

Stage 5 of Indiana’s reopening plan allows for sporting venues to host public events with social distancing and is scheduled to begin July 4 in most counties. However, Marion County – home to Indianapolis, the state’s largest city – recently entered Stage 3 of the road map 10 days after the majority of counties. This follows nationwide trends suggesting larger municipalities should exercise caution in navigating plans to reopen.

"While we certainly worked diligently to run our events with spectators, we reached a point where we needed to make a final decision because the race weekend is less than a month away," Penske Entertainment Corp. President & CEO Mark Miles said. *"Today it's not possible to be confident that Indianapolis will be at Stage 5 of the state's reopening plan by the Fourth of July weekend.”

USAC and IMS officials are working together on possible on-track activity at The Dirt Track at IMS later during the 2020 season.

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
6/4/20, 11:22 AM   #2
Re: Usac: Bc39 at the dirt track at ims canceled
Will Shunk

Kokomo and USAC step up and run a one off BC39 + Kokomo (or USAC) sprints two day show? A lot of race fans on July 1 & 2 without a commitment and nowhere to go as of now. Carpe Diem!

6/4/20, 1:02 PM   #3
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
Kokomo and USAC step up and run a one off BC39 + Kokomo (or USAC) sprints two day show? A lot of race fans on July 1 & 2 without a commitment and nowhere to go as of now. Carpe Diem!
100 Percent attendance at race tracks doesnt start until July 4th so if they did that it would have to be with 50% attendance. That date is for the whole state, its been moved to later in 3 counties Marion, Lake and Cass(which incidentally abuts Howard County where Kokomo is located)

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: jim goerge, jjones752, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
6/4/20, 1:56 PM   #4
Will Shunk

All I know is June 21 Kokomo is running Midget week and Kokomo sprints. I just extended that logic to July looking for an alternative for teams losing two more racing opportunities. If it does not make business sense, I fully understand the O'Connors, USAC, and FLO Racing not being interested. Who knows, maybe there are others interested in running a one off BC39 under the Indiana "Back on Track" regulations.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, WinglessLovers
6/4/20, 2:27 PM   #5
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
All I know is June 21 Kokomo is running Midget week and Kokomo sprints. I just extended that logic to July looking for an alternative for teams losing two more racing opportunities. If it does not make business sense, I fully understand the O'Connors, USAC, and FLO Racing not being interested. Who knows, maybe there are others interested in running a one off BC39 under the Indiana "Back on Track" regulations.
Midget week is 50% but I suppose if they found a sponsor they could swing it

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/4/20, 3:01 PM   #6
jeffj

would be nice if they rescheduled it in august to run before the indy 500

4 members like this post: dirt330, duel, luckybuc97, ROSCO
6/4/20, 11:41 PM   #7
duel

What a bunce of BS. Will we ever see another BC39 inside the speedway? Full court press people to shut down this country. That is all I am saying. As big as that place is no fans for brickyard?

3 members like this post: Midget98, PIT CART, skids59
6/5/20, 11:24 AM   #8
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
What a bunce of BS. Will we ever see another BC39 inside the speedway? Full court press people to shut down this country. That is all I am saying. As big as that place is no fans for brickyard?
Around here everything this summer is cancelled unless you want to loot or riot. I bet if you scheduled a protest and held it at a racetrack, there wouldn't be an attendance limit. Let's just schedule a protest to coincide with a race weekend and we should be all set.

7 members like this post: dirt330, duel, jonboat15, PIT CART, ROSCO, superstock30, Will Shunk
6/5/20, 12:12 PM   #9
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
Around here everything this summer is cancelled unless you want to loot or riot. I bet if you scheduled a protest and held it at a racetrack, there wouldn't be an attendance limit. Let's just schedule a protest to coincide with a race weekend and we should be all set.
I told my wife last weekend that if the cops come to Lincoln Speedway in PA and try to hassle or shut them down I would claim I was attending a peaceful protest, then the cops can't do anything. People in power are letting the riots and looting happen. Sad times.

2 members like this post: dirt330, duel
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bc39 at the dirt track at ims canceled