IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville Nationals
8/2/14, 11:31 PM   #1
Knoxville Nationals
SteelCore

Been trying to figure out how they set up the feature on Saturday and can't seem to find it. Also I saw that Wednesday and Thursday are qualifying nights so what is happening on Friday? Just general overall format.

I won't be getting to Knoxville til approximately 7 on Friday so I'm looking at possibly going Friday night too.

Looking for restaurant suggestions also.

Not a huge winged sprint car fan but how well do you see some non wing/midget guys like Abreu, Bell, and Clauson do?

8/2/14, 11:41 PM   #2
TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCore View Post
Been trying to figure out how they set up the feature on Saturday and can't seem to find it. Also I saw that Wednesday and Thursday are qualifying nights so what is happening on Friday? Just general overall format.

I won't be getting to Knoxville til approximately 7 on Friday so I'm looking at possibly going Friday night too.

Looking for restaurant suggestions also.

Not a huge winged sprint car fan but how well do you see some non wing/midget guys like Abreu, Bell, and Clauson do?
Tuesday and Wednesday are qualifying nights. Everyone runs one of these nights. Drivers are awarded points for everything, qualifying, heat races, and mains. The top 16 point getters after those nights are locked into the Saturday night a main I believe. Friday night is kind of a redemption night if your not locked in to the Saturday show you can run Friday and the top four from the feature fill in spots 17-20. Point getters from the qualifying nights that are locked into 10 on back in the B main Saturday I believe have the option to keep their spot or run Friday if they run Friday they forfeit their points and however they finish Friday determines starting positions for the mains on Saturday. Friday also has the world challenge which is a fun race that's runs guys that traveled to Australia during the winter.

8/2/14, 11:47 PM   #3
mcweld

Race Count This Year: 3

You won't be disappointed try to get there for Friday night also. There is a Mexican place down town that is pretty good. Heard Utters is closed was a great place for steak. Have fun and enjoy.

8/2/14, 11:59 PM   #4
Re: Knoxville Nationals
arctic monkey21

Looks like I spent too much time looking up the format on Knoxville's site. Expect Abreu and Bell to run well if he's ride is good. As much as I would like to see Clauson and Bacon do well, I haven't seen either in a winged car enough to guess how they will do.
Last edited by arctic monkey21; 8/3/14 at 12:06 AM.

8/3/14, 12:24 AM   #5
55fan

You took a wrong turn to see Abrue Clauson and Bell. They are all in Belleville, KS . Rico won

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/3/14, 12:46 AM   #6
Re: Knoxville Nationals
SteelCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55fan View Post
You took a wrong turn to see Abrue Clauson and Bell. They are all in Belleville, KS . Rico won
And they'll be in Knoxville this week for the Knoxville Nationals.

I had actually forgotten about Bacon running winged cars too, that'll give me another one to cheer for.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/3/14, 2:25 PM   #7
PIT CART

Is this your first trip to Knoxville? In my opinion everybody should make it to the nationals at least once. Yes it is wings but the payout is pretty good.

8/3/14, 3:14 PM   #8
SteelCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Is this your first trip to Knoxville? In my opinion everybody should make it to the nationals at least once. Yes it is wings but the payout is pretty good.
Yes my goal is to make it to Eldora for the Kings Royal next year and the Chili Bowl in 2016.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/3/14, 8:28 PM   #9
TFortune39

I'm going to Knoxville on Friday as well for the first time! Can't wait!

8/3/14, 9:18 PM   #10
Blitzman

Qualifying nights are Wednesday. & Thursday nights.. Not tues..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville Nationals