Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cameron Dodson Bad Crash
11/21/08, 5:37 PM   #31
Re: Cameron Dodson
Fisher79

Hey! Don't drag Bowman into this!

11/21/08, 6:38 PM   #32
michelle

Thank you all for the support! The Dodsons are truly grateful off all of the positive messages and kindness extended by the local and motorsports communities.

There is misinformation floating around there as there always is during times like these. We have worked very diligently to continue to provide updates on his condition to his webmaster who continues to post information.

Cameron did make a mistake. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!!! However, right now, we just ask that everyone respect him and his family as the only issue to concentrate on right now is his recovery.

He is still listed in critical but stable condition. He has continued to show some progress but it takes many small steps to equal one great miracle. I am posting on here just to thank the community. If there are any questions about his situation, please continue to refer to http://www.camerondodson.com

Thank you again, we are all truly appreciative,
~Michelle

Michelle Petroff
Rising Star Management Group
mpetroff@risingstarmg.com

11/21/08, 7:44 PM   #33
illiNOISE

Here's a story on Cameron from today's Greenfield newspaper.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/ar.../sports/01.txt

11/21/08, 9:46 PM   #34
pletchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Here's a story on Cameron from today's Greenfield newspaper.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/ar.../sports/01.txt
This was a GREAT article, thanks for posting the link. Had the pleasure of meeting Cameron at THAT a few years back at the young age of I believe 15, I was very impressed with his humbleness, his talent and his very polite and sweet demeanor. Very nice young man. I pray all turns out well for him from this set back.

11/21/08, 9:58 PM   #35
IndyBound

Thanks for sharing the newspaper article, I am still in a state of shock and disbelief that Cameron is fighting the toughest battle of his young life. My thoughts and prayers are with Cameron, Tom and Cindy.

God Bless,

Patti

11/21/08, 11:49 PM   #36
Shawn

Thanks for the link to the nice article. Cameron seems like a good kid and he's obviously a great talent behind the wheel of a race car. My best wishes go out to Cameron and his family.

I travel S.R. 234 every day of the week to my work in Fishers. I read the report that he was traveling north on 600 E. and it happened near S.R. 234. Once I read that, I just had a feeling that it was very near the intersection that I travel every day. Since reading that article I've seen vehicles near S.R. 234 (just north) and thought to myself that must be where it took place. After reading this latest article, it pretty much confirms my thoughts. I just had that feeling...

More importantly than that, it also shows me that he has a lot of people are caring for him and are concerned about him. Not only those there, but those here on Indiana Open Wheel and racing fans in general. Here's to hoping for a speedy and full recovery for Cameron! :thumb

11/22/08, 10:45 PM   #37
racefan1

bump

11/23/08, 12:34 AM   #38
kel-kel

Thank you Michelle for updating his website. I met him at Lernerville in 04 and we have stayed in contact ever since. The whole Dodson family has treated me like family ever since that day. When I met him I was living in Ohio, now I have moved to NC to persue my career in racing in stock car country. I was happy when he came down to race in the hooters pro cup series and in the NASCAR truck series. I am hoping he can make it back down my way!! But I have followed every step he has made ever since. Even though I can't be there, I am cheering from NC!

I feel so out of touch being so far away. I wish that I could make that 9hr or so trip to see him, but I just can't. That doesn't mean that he isn't in my thoughts and prayers. There isn't much that I have been thinking about in the last few days but him and his family.

Yes, he made a mistake.....but to all of those that who like to point fingers.... I'm sure you have made atleast one mistake in your life. It just happends that the whole world knows about the mistake he has made. How would you like it if the next mistake you make was all over the news and internet? On top of that some jerk commenting how stupid you were for it???? It wouldn't feel very good would it?

So really out of the respect for Cindy, Tom and Cam.....keep your thoughts to yourself.

I know how upset I get when I read it, and he is just one of my friends. I can't even imagine how it would feel if he was my family.

Some of us really care about him and we are torn up about this, so really for the respect of us. Just keep him and his family in your prayers. Cuz thats what he needs right now. This is the only thing I have to keep me updated on his condition, so please don't take that away from me.

Cam your in my prayers!

11/23/08, 11:36 AM   #39
Motley37

We made it back from Indiana last night.

Camerons is improving slightly. His brain pressure was the lowest it had been as of yesterday which is great news. The drs changed the patch on his head lastnight so they can now tell when Cam is awake and when he is sleeping. I could tell when I loooked at him that he is fighting as hard has he can. He is still in dire need of everyone's prayers and I ask you to keep him and his family in your thoughts especially as we approach the holidays.

We are planning on making trips over there every two weeks. And we will continue to keep in close contact with our friends over there so if I receive anymore information I'll be sure to pass it on.

I agree with Kel. Cam made a mistake. I also believe that mistakes are made to learn by. If Cam's mistake and accident prevents someone else from making the same mistake then some good will come from this.

I know for a fact that when my 13 year old daughter looked at Cameron laying there in that hospital bed seeing the kid whom she adores go through so much pain and suffering, she'll never forget that image. Then when my 9 year old son sat there holding Camerons hand and telling him to keep fighting, as his voice cracks from the tears, it brought tears to my eyes. Cameron is my sons idol and Austin runs the same #37 on his mini sprint & sports jersey's that Cameron ran on his mini sprint and sprint car. I know my kids will never forget what they saw. And for me a 37 year old woman looking at the kid whom I think of as my second son fighting for his life well I hope you all can imagine what was going through my head. Reading even the smallest of negetive things just tears me up because like Kel said Cameron does mean something to some of us and to see bad things being posted about a loved one makes me defensive and it takes my thoughts away from where I want them to be.

In closing I'd like to say... A mistake was made. Bad judgement was made. Cameron is not perfect and we all make mistakes, just as he did. Maybe we've just all been lucky.

We love you Cam,
Cathy
Last edited by Motley37; 11/23/08 at 12:00 PM.

11/23/08, 12:06 PM   #40
californiakid11

Wishing a complete and speedy recovery to Cameron! We've add him to our daily prayers...

The Reddick's

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cameron Dodson Bad Crash