IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Seat Reserving
4/14/19, 12:59 PM   #41
Re: Bloomington Seat Reserving
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueball View Post
The new promoters went above and beyond in regards to the upgrades/changes. They called everyone affected by the changes and explained your options. They could have just renewed everyone and not even mentioned a change in sight lines or whatnot. I received a call in regards to my reserved parking. They explained the new bleachers and encouraged me to come take a look before I paid them. They even discounted prices due to the condensed schedule. It's not like they offered reserved seating to the masses and just didn't tell you.

As for prime location....I put a blanket down in the bleachers at roughly 2-3pm on Friday and you could have your pick of location. The next to the top row was wide open as far as I could see.

I would just like to thank AJ, Levi, Spridge and everyone else that has put effort into this place. I know its a work in progress, but atleast it's progress. To be honest, I didn't even enjoy going to the track the last couple of years. It was like watching a slow death. It's amazing how some paint and care can totally change the atmosphere. I appreciate the efforts.
Great, so you knew the rules... the masses didn't.

4/14/19, 3:29 PM   #42
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I hope they bring back the Porta Potty near the bottom ticket booth. It is very helpful.

4/15/19, 7:40 AM   #43
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourteen fan View Post
Are more cars being built? 25 cars does not look good for the future.
USAC is the only National Non Wing group in existence, other groups may claim to be "National" but really are more regional. Last year USAC had 7 or 8 cars that attended all events. This year after 4 races it appears there are 12 at this point (of course the number will go down). The lure to USAC sprints is they are an oddity, they have the most loyal following ( almost colt like) , the races are great, there is a little smoke and mirrors with the illusion they have a big car owner colony. The truth is they rely on locals to fill the back half of the field. One question is do they still pay the "locals / non-members" less than the members? Time will tell on car counts, I was a little surprised at the count at Bloomington with there really being no competition for cars this early in the season! Saturday night Putnumville had over 30, and Lawrenceburg had over 20, meaning there were 50+ cars running ? Why more did not attend a small track like Bloomington is a mystery to me?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/15/19, 8:17 AM   #44
fourteen fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
USAC is the only National Non Wing group in existence, other groups may claim to be "National" but really are more regional. Last year USAC had 7 or 8 cars that attended all events. This year after 4 races it appears there are 12 at this point (of course the number will go down). The lure to USAC sprints is they are an oddity, they have the most loyal following ( almost colt like) , the races are great, there is a little smoke and mirrors with the illusion they have a big car owner colony. The truth is they rely on locals to fill the back half of the field. One question is do they still pay the "locals / non-members" less than the members? Time will tell on car counts, I was a little surprised at the count at Bloomington with there really being no competition for cars this early in the season! Saturday night Putnumville had over 30, and Lawrenceburg had over 20, meaning there were 50+ cars running ? Why more did not attend a small track like Bloomington is a mystery to me?
Thank you for those observations. That is the answer I was looking for.

4/15/19, 9:08 AM   #45
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourteen fan View Post
Thank you for those observations. That is the answer I was looking for.
There are some teams that will not run USAC races thinking that they do not have a shot at making the show and there are a few teams out there that refuse to run USAC shows due to USAC's Hoosier tire requirements. Both seem unfounded reasons not to go try. Then I also know of a USAC loyal team that will not run any local shows other than USAC sanctioned events. Do not try to figure out the reasoning of some car owners.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, tirespinner
4/15/19, 9:59 AM   #46
addictedtodirt

Have you personally opened your wallet to buy the tires needed for a team that doesn't have the needed tire to run? Have you paid for a team's fuel, pit passes, and travel expenses? I hope you have. Then you will understand that the almighty dollar has a lot do with how many races a team can attend, a motor can race, and crew guys can get to after working a full time job.
Rather than question why one team didn't go there, or why that team didn't come here, be thankful for those that do show up and put on a show. Then head down to the pits and shake a few hands saying thanks. Buy a shirt. Drop some $ in their seat or helmet. It all helps.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, spicoli, tirespinner
4/15/19, 10:25 AM   #47
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
Have you personally opened your wallet to buy the tires needed for a team that doesn't have the needed tire to run? Have you paid for a team's fuel, pit passes, and travel expenses? I hope you have. Then you will understand that the almighty dollar has a lot do with how many races a team can attend, a motor can race, and crew guys can get to after working a full time job.
Rather than question why one team didn't go there, or why that team didn't come here, be thankful for those that do show up and put on a show. Then head down to the pits and shake a few hands saying thanks. Buy a shirt. Drop some $ in their seat or helmet. It all helps.
Yes I have to all of your above questions. Hope you have. You should understand that I was trying to clarify to above poster who questioned car counts. Thanks for your valuable input.

4/15/19, 10:32 AM   #48
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
29 ran Boss at Atomic, Some of it is RULES like the four corner hoosier rule. teathers, seat requirement etc. While I do understand the safety aspect. Mandating parts or tires sucks.

Im more worried about cars going winged or econo racing and thinning the herd.
A Non winged 305 racesaver made the feature and almost cracked the top ten in the BOSS Race at Atomic. That same car ran Racesaver at Bloomington on Fri.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/15/19 at 10:39 AM.

4/15/19, 11:20 AM   #49
ossuks

DO you think that some stay away because of the 20% reduction in starting pay for non members?

3 members like this post: bighd0522, spicoli, tirespinner
4/15/19, 12:14 PM   #50
on_the_edge

Quote:
DO you think that some stay away because of the 20% reduction in starting pay for non members?
No because that is still 2x, if not more than any local track pays to start. I'd imagine a lot has to do with the competition level. It's hard for a local team to show up to a national race and expect to compete. You do have your oddities every now and then but mostly looking through the top finishers at a USAC race it is the same guys night in and night out. It's hard to compete with the teams who do it for a living and come with their a game every night and I think that drives the local teams away.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Seat Reserving