IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California dreamin' .........
7/28/10, 5:41 AM   #1
California dreamin' .........
ImissAscot

If the timing and money were right, how many team's would do a California Sprint week? ? ? My ultimate dream would be to have this in Nov. around the Oval Nats.,J.W. Mitchell Classic, and Turkey Night. There is at least one Westcoast promoter who has his ear's on. Any national sponser's willing to help pony up a worthwhile purse ? ? ?

7/28/10, 7:40 AM   #2
Re: California dreamin' .........
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissAscot View Post
If the timing and money were right, how many team's would do a California Sprint week? ? ? My ultimate dream would be to have this in Nov. around the Oval Nats.,J.W. Mitchell Classic, and Turkey Night. There is at least one Westcoast promoter who has his ear's on. Any national sponser's willing to help pony up a worthwhile purse ? ? ?
I remember back when NARC used to do a California Speed Week. It was around this time of year, as I recall. I wasn't out there often enough to make all the shows, but I did make a couple at Calistoga. Yeah, by then they had wings, but on that big track, it is quite a show. If I am not mistaken, one year they ran a USAC/BCRA joint midget show with the sprint cars that Billy Boat won. Early nineties if memory serves.

7/28/10, 7:47 AM   #3
Re: California dreamin' .........
Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
I remember back when NARC used to do a California Speed Week. It was around this time of year, as I recall. I wasn't out there often enough to make all the shows, but I did make a couple at Calistoga. Yeah, by then they had wings, but on that big track, it is quite a show. If I am not mistaken, one year they ran a USAC/BCRA joint midget show with the sprint cars that Billy Boat won. Early nineties if memory serves.
Yes, I was at Calistoga on the last night of CA speedweek when Tony Stewart won the midget race having to come from the B main, and Ronnie Day beat Brent Kaeding in the Sprint feature and kept him from winning a big bonus. I think the bonus was for anyone who could win either 5 or 6 of the races. Both races were excellent, and it was the first time I got to see Tony drive in person. Used to look forward to Thursday Night Thunder back in those days.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California dreamin' .........