Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar
7/26/10, 5:42 PM   #41
Re: IndyCar
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
Still liked the race more than the brickyard
With Kokomo rained out, I was stuck watching tv racing. The Indycar race was by far more entertaining.(even on a street course) One positive note from a blown call, Indy sports radio were talking about the Edmonton instead of the Hickyard 400.

2 members like this post: 767, duel
7/26/10, 6:04 PM   #42
cleatziff

This is a horrible rule. It is rules like this that keep me away from Indy car racing. I don't understand the point of a rule that requires a driver to just rollover and get passed. Seems to me 2nd place is the place to be on a restart because the leader has to give you the best line and let you pass him. JMO

1 member likes this post: onthegas7j
7/26/10, 7:45 PM   #43
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatziff View Post
This is a horrible rule. It is rules like this that keep me away from Indy car racing. I don't understand the point of a rule that requires a driver to just rollover and get passed. Seems to me 2nd place is the place to be on a restart because the leader has to give you the best line and let you pass him. JMO
agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/26/10, 11:26 PM   #44
ColoradoFan

I thought it was amazing that Power threw Helio under the bus and didn't say a thing about Dixon nearly wrecking him. If you watch the video you can see Power all over the brakes to keep from running into Dixon. With all this discussion about the IRL rules, I thought they had rules about agressive driving. Dixon only won because Power didn't wreck both of them. Nascar and the IRL, WWF with 4 wheels.

Vern Plotts

7/27/10, 10:40 AM   #45
LEADERS EDGE

The way that rule reads to me is that the only car that can actually make an inside pass without violating the rule would be the last car running on the track.

If I am behind a car and see them go low; I just drop down and radio in that they are blocking me.

That is absurd.

7/27/10, 11:05 AM   #46
KKinser99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoFan View Post
I thought it was amazing that Power threw Helio under the bus and didn't say a thing about Dixon nearly wrecking him. If you watch the video you can see Power all over the brakes to keep from running into Dixon. With all this discussion about the IRL rules, I thought they had rules about agressive driving. Dixon only won because Power didn't wreck both of them. Nascar and the IRL, WWF with 4 wheels.

Vern Plotts

Yep, just like the wrestling some of it seems scripted. These organizations could face financial ruin if they dont get back to their roots. I give it a couple of years with the direction the economy is heading.

7/27/10, 1:12 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatziff View Post

Lets just line them up 2 wide on the restarts so we can have a bunch of make believe passing

1 member likes this post: Seadog
7/27/10, 1:31 PM   #48
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
The way that rule reads to me is that the only car that can actually make an inside pass without violating the rule would be the last car running on the track.

Actually it's the opposite. Every car on the track can dive low if they have a legitmate shot at passing, EXCEPT the leader. (who is he gonna pass?)
Unfortunately for Helio, he was the leader....and decided to go low anyway. An obvious blocking situation. Pretty cut and dry.
David.

2 members like this post: 767, Seadog
7/27/10, 1:49 PM   #49
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Their rule is total BS. As the leader I have to let second place have the inside line into the corner. What a joke. The leader should be able to defend his position by choosing which ever line he wants to run on a restart.

IRL = Ignorant Rules League

7/27/10, 1:58 PM   #50
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
What a joke. The leader should be able to defend his position by choosing which ever line he wants to run on a restart.
I agree. The leader (or any car for that matter) should be able to use any piece of pavement available. I don't like the rule and I'm not defending it. I'm just sayin, it's their rule and I can't understand what all the controversy is about. It's very clear. Stupid....but clear.

I'm a much bigger fan of the "you get one move" theory. Someone attempts to pass you, you get one defensive move, anything else is a block. In other words....no weaving down the front stretch with a guy trying to pass you. Again, my humble opinion.
David.

2 members like this post: 767, The Riz
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar