IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Update on Recovery
9/30/11, 6:48 AM   #1
Update on Recovery
Joe Whisler

Hey fellow IOW's-

For those interested in the recovery from my June 25th crash at LPS, I have updated my website with info from my follow up visit this past Monday. It's a bit longer, because I never updated it following the August 28th appointment. I really appreciate everybody who continues to ask, and I apologize for not keeping you up to date. I updated facebook and twitter. That counts, right?!?!

One thing I left out of the message on my website is that I have a limited amount of "Joe Whisler t-shirts" for sale. I'll have them at Putnamville this Saturday night. If you're in the Indy area and are interested in buying one, I could arrange to get with you. I owe a huge thanks to Trent Niflis for the design, Arizona Sport Shirts for helping me out on them, and Nancy Chumbley at Hinchman Racing Uniforms for her help working out the details. I wouldn't have been able to have them made without each of their help, and the extra money from selling these shirts have been a big help. If I can figure out how to post a picture of them, I'll attach them to this post.

Gas City should have plenty of moisture tonight. Big money on the line this weekend at Lawrenceburg. Double features at LPS. It's good to live in Indiana! Good luck to my fellow racers this weekend.
Attached Images
WHISLER FT2_11 75 percent.jpg (361.5 KB, 65 views)
WHISLER BK2_11 50 percent.jpg (271.4 KB, 66 views)
Last edited by Joe Whisler; 9/30/11 at 7:02 AM.

9/30/11, 8:57 AM   #2
Re: Update on Recovery
backitin

Spine injurys suck. My neck has been broken twice. The second time I suffered a brain injury to go along with it. By the way you can articulate It looks like your doing fine there. My kids, wife and racing helped or are helping me thru it. Actually this site had alot to do with my recovery, typing and putting coherent sentences together and talking about what you love, helped me a unmeasurable amount.
Good Luck

10/1/11, 1:29 PM   #3
Joe Whisler

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Spine injurys suck. My neck has been broken twice. The second time I suffered a brain injury to go along with it. By the way you can articulate It looks like your doing fine there. My kids, wife and racing helped or are helping me thru it. Actually this site had alot to do with my recovery, typing and putting coherent sentences together and talking about what you love, helped me a unmeasurable amount.
Good Luck
Wow! Were your injuries from racing speedway bikes? I used to watch those, and the indoor bikes on ice, and flat track stuff on t..v. when I was a kid and thought it would be pretty cool. My uncle Jerry Weakly was a flat track racer out of Indianapolis in the 60's, and he must have been really good from the trophy collection he had.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Update on Recovery