IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain!!
4/18/13, 4:33 PM   #31
nailer

I just before noon dumped 4.4 inches from my rain gauge only holds 5". An it is still raining looks like it has another 1/2" already. We live 30 miles northeast of St.Louis.

Dave Dobbs

Posted via Mobile Device

4/18/13, 4:43 PM   #32
Re: Rain!!
Flatrightrear

I get concerned about bad storms but my goodness gracious the Weather Channel hypes this stuff hoping to freak you out. A bimbo last night said "everybody should be scared in this area," I guess because the gov. can't protect us from bad weather. We have had a great day here in Evansville with no rain and little wind. That may change later but Haubstadt will be a big, fat "GO" Sat. night. What does come is out of here by midnight so there will be two days for the parking lot to dry. Paducah still looks good, too, so far for Friday night. If you listen to the weather people like they're gods you'd be scared to drink a beer outside in the lawn 80% of the time. Keep in mind that the two things that generate TV ratings are blood and fear and there has been way to much blood this week between Boston and Texas.

4 members like this post: AB Racing, jim goerge, kylezero, rclaridge
4/18/13, 5:38 PM   #33
johnnythunderhead
Banned

best pray for rain then mr. stapp, tracks been dry as a bone both nights, but the racing has been great none the less

1 member likes this post: mowerman
4/18/13, 7:00 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Burg wasn't dry either night, Just had 40mph winds blowing on it all day and 40 sprint cars pounding it.

4/18/13, 10:20 PM   #35
sprntr

I'll trade you.
Tonights forecast:
Issued by The National Weather Service
Minneapolis, MN

Thu, Apr 18, 2013, 2:58 PM CDT
Updated Apr 18, 2013, 7:50pm CDT

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM CDT FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TWIN CITIES/CHANHASSEN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM CDT FRIDAY.

* TIMING: A MIXTURE OF SNOW... SLEET... AND RAIN WILL BECOME ALL SNOW BY THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE THROUGH TONIGHT. THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES WITH RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR POSSIBLE.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION: 5 TO 8 INCHES.

* OTHER IMPACTS: STRONG NORTH WINDS ARE EXPECTED TODAY AND TONIGHT... WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH AT TIMES. THIS WILL LEAD TO SOME BLOWING SNOW IN OPEN AREAS TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING.

I am soooo sick of winter!!

steiny

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dkdorkboy, jim goerge
4/19/13, 1:45 AM   #36
herbie42

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 45

I'll be really surprised if any track in Indiana or Illinois gets there show in this weekend. I just don't see it happening way to much rain and as of 01:44 on Friday morning it's still steady rain i'm a doubter STUPID RAIN!!!

4/19/13, 2:24 AM   #37
Charles Nungester

burg is sealed over, rain to be out by noon friday. Im betting he has to water it some.

Don't know about Eldora, Know last week they called it. We'll see what happens.

4/19/13, 2:57 AM   #38
herbie42

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 45

Hopefully Putnamville was smart enough to seal it over since the owner has a dirt construction bussiness you would think he would have a clue but I doubt it. The cool temps won't help dry any thing out much but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

4/19/13, 7:42 AM   #39
Charles Nungester

Not bragging, Just saying we got lucky, Rain only lasted about three hours in greater cincy area and is gone Eldora got a bit more but I know they got a lot more than us tuesday before the front backed up.

Hope everyone is safe.
Chuck, who says racing is secondary to everyone being safe.

4/19/13, 9:29 AM   #40
DAD

The best way to miss the "April" showers is to start racing in March and take April off.

Remember: "It don't rain in Indiana in the Summer time!!"

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain!!