IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #11 4/16/13 7:35 PM
Originally Posted by Al Pierce:
We should be accustomed to April rainouts. By my (informal) count the last two years, on local dirt tracks we ran only 6 of 20 scheduled Sprint Car races in 2011 and 8 of 17 in 2012. I think the best part of that is calls are made early and several tracks have the text message alerts.
A little common sense goes a long way. Nothing we can do about mother nature when she sets her mind on something.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon
2 Likes: BrandonT30, Fredy
cshuman (Offline)
  #12 4/16/13 7:40 PM
It's Tuesday kids... And since when do we have so much faith in the Indiana weatherman?

Posted via Mobile Device
17 Likes: Charles Nungester, Claybird33, cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, Isaac Chapple Racing, jim goerge, Midget 89, Paul Westfall, PAW, PIT CART, racefan20, rclaridge, SCOTT M, TeamCGR, Ty, UberKuhlMan, younggun398
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #13 4/16/13 7:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #14 4/16/13 7:43 PM
I've taken Friday off work and am hoping to make my first visit to Bloomington and Haubstadt this weekend. I drove a thousand miles and made it to three days of racing last weekend. Don't let me down Hoosiers!

Posted via Mobile Device
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #15 4/16/13 7:46 PM
I dont know about south of us but last week we got a deluge up here in grant county..and today was about the same..i know not all parts of the state have gotten the rain and hopefully this week they are wrong..I wanna be at a dirt track!

Tyler
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #16 4/16/13 9:11 PM
Originally Posted by cwfan08:
I dont know about south of us but last week we got a deluge up here in grant county..and today was about the same..i know not all parts of the state have gotten the rain and hopefully this week they are wrong..I wanna be at a dirt track!

Tyler
How soaked is grant county? I'm betting its like a soaked sponge according to wunderground.com.

Posted via Mobile Device
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #17 4/17/13 9:10 AM
Originally Posted by apexonephoto:
I've taken Friday off work and am hoping to make my first visit to Bloomington and Haubstadt this weekend. I drove a thousand miles and made it to three days of racing last weekend. Don't let me down Hoosiers!

Posted via Mobile Device
I think Haubstadt is looking pretty good right now. I hear Levi throwing a wing on the Jack Rogers machine for this show. Wondering if any other locals gonna be bold enuf try to add wing and attempt to make show.
3 Likes: apexonephoto, jim goerge, stanbrough4presidentgo53
Hamby812 (Offline)
  #18 4/17/13 9:54 AM
As of now Saturday looks good for Haubstadt. Sunny with a high around 60. Ya it's wings but I'll take what I can get with the weather we've been having. And if anyone can get a track into shape it's Tommy and crew.

Posted via Mobile Device
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #19 4/17/13 4:40 PM
Start Building the ARK. Take a look at the Radar and whats coming.

Everyone stay safe. Weds night and thurs storms have a moderate risk of severe weather includes most of indiana.

Charles Nungester
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #20 4/17/13 4:55 PM
I'm still heading that way on Friday...

Any recommendations on tracks in Illinois or Southwest of Bloomington that I can go to?

Dirt is preferred, but I'm not a snob, I can watch late models, mods or wings.
2 Likes: jim goerge, PatrickMead#13