Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your input
7/25/18, 1:30 PM   #11
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I’ve always had good luck getting a decent seat. Sometimes I had to do some strategic planning to accomplish this.

The saving seats don’t really bother me, but I’ve seen plenty of people save the row in front of them just so they wouldn’t have anyone sitting in front of them which I don’t care for.

I thought Rick that you had racing burnout like me last I heard???
Andrew, my burnouts are short but sweet then the forward bite grabs hold. I'm not against the seat saving either, but days in advance just doesn't seem right and as far as marking the row in front of you so you can put your feet and or food and drink is totally uncalled for and know a couple that do that. My question was, do people think day's in advance is alright or not let it happen till the race day?

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
7/25/18, 2:02 PM   #12
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
Andrew, my burnouts are short but sweet then the forward bite grabs hold. I'm not against the seat saving either, but days in advance just doesn't seem right and as far as marking the row in front of you so you can put your feet and or food and drink is totally uncalled for and know a couple that do that. My question was, do people think day's in advance is alright or not let it happen till the race day?
It doesn’t matter much to me either way I guess. People always bitched about Gas City and blankets,and I was one of the guilty parties there (for 1 season anyway) and the other seasons I sat with Aero on his blanket. I think even he posted have em sell season seats like Williams Grove does. So much money per seat for the season, and then regular admission. I wouldn’t have had a problem with that, I was there the majority of the time anyway.

I’ve just planned ahead and have had good luck sitting about where I wanted to. Sometimes I’ve had friends put my blanket down for me because I had to work. Other times I’ve done the same for others.

You can have my seat this week. I’m not going to any Sprint Week races.....
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 7/25/18 at 2:06 PM.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
7/25/18, 2:07 PM   #13
Re: Your input
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
It doesn’t matter much to me either way I guess. People always bitched about Gas City and blankets,and I was one of the guilty parties there (for 1 season anyway) and the other seasons I sat with Aero on his blanket. I think even he posted have em sell season seats like Williams Grove does. So much money per seat for the season, and then regular admission. I wouldn’t have had a problem with that, I was there the majority of the time anyway.

I’ve just planned ahead and have had good luck sitting about where I wanted to. Sometimes I’ve had friends put my blanket down for me because I had to work. Other times I’ve done the same for others.
I have a problem with season reserved seats, because when you come in you never know where the he!! you can sit because you don't know what's been reserved. I've seen little tiny plaques used to show what was reserved (old looking), but if it's a non-reserved show and there's nothing on the web page of the track about reserved anything you aren't looking for that crap.
Just don't do that crap unless you are advertising LOUD on the website that some seats are reserved for the season, and the seats SCREAM don't sit in me.

7/25/18, 2:15 PM   #14
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
I have a problem with season reserved seats, because when you come in you never know where the he!! you can sit because you don't know what's been reserved. I've seen little tiny plaques used to show what was reserved (old looking), but if it's a non-reserved show and there's nothing on the web page of the track about reserved anything you aren't looking for that crap.
Just don't do that crap unless you are advertising LOUD on the website that some seats are reserved for the season, and the seats SCREAM don't sit in me.
So basically your not going to make everyone happy no matter what you do. I never minded the reserve seats at Williams Grove despite that I only got to use them a few times a year. They were the best seats in the house in my view, and I knew they were mine whenever I went there.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
7/25/18, 2:26 PM   #15
bigq11

Unless it has changed, Bloomington allows marking seats starting at 5PM the day before a race. The row above the bleachers, on the blacktop, is reserved and marked as such. They also have some reserved parking spots on the hill which are also marked as such.

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, jim goerge, luckybuc97
7/25/18, 2:29 PM   #16
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Seat saving is one thing, BUT, the guy who saves 10 seats and then sits Alone all night.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69, TNRustler
7/25/18, 2:41 PM   #17
Nate

I can understand the argument against saving seats. You can have the policy that nobody saves any seats until the gates open the day of the event. However, then you just have a row of blankets outside the ticket booth that stretches a hundred yards like on Saturday of Sprint Week last year at Kokomo. If a person can’t get there ahead of time to save a seat they certainly wouldn’t be able to save themselves a place in line either.

I think the best thing a track can do to combat the issue is do what Kokomo does for the Smackdown and say X amount of rows are reserved and then below those are GA. Fair to all involved I think. Haubstadt basically does the same.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, TNRustler
7/25/18, 3:11 PM   #18
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
So basically your not going to make everyone happy no matter what you do. I never minded the reserve seats at Williams Grove despite that I only got to use them a few times a year. They were the best seats in the house in my view, and I knew they were mine whenever I went there.
I just want to know the rules. And if a track can communicate that there is reserved season seats and they are CLEARLY marked that is one thing. But when you have random seats reserved, that are not clearly marked, and no mention of it on your website on the home page or schedule page, then you are causing problems.

If it's an event where top 5 rows are reserved and that's it; then you know to sit in row 6 or lower or buy a reserved seat. But if 2 random seats top row are reserved, and random 4 seats on row 7, and here and there with no advertising or obvious marks. You are causing people trouble for no reason. Been there, big pet peeve. But it really comes down to track's communication and follow through of marking. (And most tracks I've been to suck on the follow through on the grandstands side. Even some really good tracks, still don't do what they say they are going to on the grandstands side. As long as they have your money, close enough)

7/25/18, 3:39 PM   #19
Backitin

I hate blankets laid in advance, unless they were my blankets back in the day at Flemington. I used to like them blankets. We had the same seats, first turn top row forever. I never gave it much thought, it was a advantage of living near the track.
We never sat down the entire night and we could climb down the back of the grandstands instead of working down thru the crowds. Nobody cared, today you'd be in trouble for using the "back" exit.
Last edited by Backitin; 7/25/18 at 3:43 PM.

2 members like this post: billw, luckybuc97
7/25/18, 7:37 PM   #20
stoney

Just # the seats and sell ticket# like any sporting event. buy tix in advance or general admission ,Maybe stay home and whine about it !!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your input