IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jim goerge (Offline)
  #11 5/2/21 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
Good weekend for Carson Short. Parked it last night with the IRA wings guys in Wilmot, WI and a second without a wing tonight.
Yeah not a bad weekend, but not as good as Cummins with a win at Kokomo and another checkered at the action track.
13 Likes: 3Cfan, 95KART, Blacksheep, Chief Wahoo, davidm, Hammer, i love dirt track racing, jonboat15, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #12 5/3/21 8:40 AM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Yeah not a bad weekend, but not as good as Cummins with a win at Kokomo and another checkered at the action track.
I was more pointing out Carson won with a wing against a good IRA group and second without a wing. Don't see that a whole lot these days.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
15 Likes: davidm, Dirtfan, Dougherty20, fish, Hammer, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright, sw1911, TBONE, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #13 5/3/21 9:41 AM
First of all I'm just happy to see THAT still in operation,Thanks to TEI for this.
Started off kinda iffy last night weather wise,but turned out with a good car count,good racing surface, good racing,and a early completion for the night for those of us that had work obligations this morning.
Again many Thanks to TEI 🏁🏁 for keeping the legendary 1/2 mile in operation.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
17 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Dougherty20, flagboy55, Hammer, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, racefan20, racenut69, Rapid Rick, ronmil, sw1911, tirespinner, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #14 5/3/21 10:21 AM
Good weekend for Carson Short. Parked it last night with the IRA wings guys in Wilmot, WI and a second without a wing tonight.
Agreed. Also Kyle Cummins takes two wins in two nights, Kokomo and Terre Haute.

Bruce Eckel
12 Likes: duel, flagboy55, Hammer, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, racenut69, ronmil, sw1911, tirespinner, TNRustler
JDK222 (Offline)
  #15 5/3/21 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Jadon Rogers continues to impress. What a drive he had from starting deep and finishing P3. Track was great and held up all night and great job by MSCS to keep the party rolling. All 3 features were over by 8:35 Central time! Too bad Ballou flipped and went airborne on the opening lap in between turns 1 & 2. Congrats to Cummins for winning at one of the tracks he's been known to struggle at and or skip entirely.

The guy that took Brian Shaw's modified for a test drive during the celebration for the Late Model winner should never have been allowed on the track while they were celebrating. Good Grief, he drove right between the winner's car, family,crew and the wall. Good thing none of them backed up. Then there were people crossing the track in turn 4 heading to the infield as he was entering turn 3 and spun out. Even the flagman was holding his arms up ( like what the he!! ). That should never have been allowed!!
Remember Jadon is only 18 and he’s competing with drivers who have been racing with MSCS and USAC for 10-15 years.

Jason D. Keefer
4 Likes: Blacksheep, jim goerge, luckybuc97, TNRustler
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #16 5/3/21 2:06 PM
Originally Posted by JDK222:
Remember Jadon is only 18 and he’s competing with drivers who have been racing with MSCS and USAC for 10-15 years.
He was digging
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #17 5/3/21 2:09 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Jadon Rogers continues to impress. What a drive he had from starting deep and finishing P3. Track was great and held up all night and great job by MSCS to keep the party rolling. All 3 features were over by 8:35 Central time! Too bad Ballou flipped and went airborne on the opening lap in between turns 1 & 2. Congrats to Cummins for winning at one of the tracks he's been known to struggle at and or skip entirely.

The guy that took Brian Shaw's modified for a test drive during the celebration for the Late Model winner should never have been allowed on the track while they were celebrating. Good Grief, he drove right between the winner's car, family,crew and the wall. Good thing none of them backed up. Then there were people crossing the track in turn 4 heading to the infield as he was entering turn 3 and spun out. Even the flagman was holding his arms up ( like what the he!! ). That should never have been allowed!!
Them people was told to stay at the edge of the track until the car was completely done couldn't agree more about the victory celebration
Road course racer and former NASCAR and ARCA competitor/team owner, Bo LeMastus, is flying in today after competing at Road America to Hotlap a Modified at the Action Track.

We have Sprints, Mods, and Late Models in action with Hotlaps at 5 and racing at 6. Full info at terrehauteactiontrack.net.
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
jim goerge (Offline)
  #18 5/3/21 11:29 PM
I was more pointing out Carson won with a wing against a good IRA group and second without a wing. Don't see that a whole lot these days.
I agree with you. Carson is a friend , I have bought him tires, gave him money , bought pit pass's etc etc. I was trying to point out , how Kyle won on two different kind of tracks. I have had people tell me Kyle can only win at TSS,, I"M hoping this proves the guy can win any place .
10 Likes: Bill Angel, fish, flagboy55, Hammer, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, ronmil, tirespinner
Blacksheep (Offline)
  #19 5/4/21 11:01 AM
I believe a lot of Kyle's struggles are over now. It appears that they now have a grip on their slick track woes. That car is a rocket ship when it's tacky. Now that they're going in the right direction when it's slick. Well, I think that doesn't bode well for the competition. Nobody wins them all, but nobody will be able to write him off just based on track conditions now. Nor will any sanctioning body, be able to control his fate. By being able to manipulate track conditions against him. It should be a good year for Rock Steady Racing I believe.
4 Likes: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, tirespinner
Blacksheep (Offline)
  #20 5/4/21 11:51 AM
I agree, for Kyle I think it all depends on if the car is capable of running up front. Any driver, can only carry a car so much.
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, tirespinner