IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Klash Mini-Sprint Results?
10/19/14, 2:20 PM   #1
Kokomo Klash Mini-Sprint Results?
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Does anyone know where I can get the 2014 Kokomo Klash mini-sprint results? Lost my score book so I have no names, numbers or results. Thanks for any help you can give.

10/19/14, 5:26 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo Klash Mini-Sprint Results?
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Wish I could help.

I can't help knowing the overwhelming popularity of this board of Mini Sprints that someone would have at least the winner in the last three hours.

<Sarcasm off>

2 members like this post: DAD, Sandy Lowe
10/19/14, 5:48 PM   #3
DAD

Charles

We always called them Small Wheeled 600cc powered race cars "Sidewinders" or "Multi" or "600cc Micro" or The worst term of all "Modified Midgets".

Every time they look up somebody is changing their name. Can you imagine that?

Honest Dad himself

10/19/14, 7:59 PM   #4
pitcrewmom

Todd Kirkman won.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, jjracer636, sc17x
10/19/14, 8:06 PM   #5
dirtnonwingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcrewmom View Post
Todd Kirkman won.
Thank you. Does anyone have a complete rundown?

1 member likes this post: dmyers25m
10/20/14, 6:29 AM   #6
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

When I was introduced to them, they were called Micro Midgets, a term I still use. Some places I raced have called them 600 Sprints. I cringe when people call them Mini Sprints, because they aren't...

Bill

4 members like this post: bn kleen, Copperhead, DAD, Tony74
10/20/14, 10:33 AM   #7
bn kleen

Micro midget fits far better than mini sprint. Aren't the 600's now 636cc after all the work to them? If so then their them same as TQ's engine wise.

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/20/14, 11:44 AM   #8
DAD

bn

I think TQ's are 836cc and 750cc>>

They always was 636cc max displacement for Modified Midgets. You were allowed 600cc + 2MM over bore =s 636cc. Kawasaki in order to make there street version of the 600cc faster than every body else put that 2MM over bore in at the factory. The race version or 6RR was only 600cc in order to be legal for motorcycle racing. The trick in the old days was to get a 636 motor and then find a ZX6RR (hard to do) and install all the ZX6RR stuff in the 636 for Micro racing. Everybody looking for an edge!!! We always ran 2MM over bore before the 636 came out because that is what we thought we needed to do in our younger and dumber days to win.

Then we were introduced to Cory and Chet up at "ARS" and we found out there was another and smarter way to go fast.

You know Kokomo had a video posted on their site and blacked out the last lap. The caption was "see what you missed by not coming to the race". They have a lot of fans for some reason or another could not get to the race track on any particular race day. It seems like only common curtsey to at least post the results on several well read boards "IOW" being one of them so those fans who don't twitter or face book could find out the results. Were I a track owner I would make sure to delegate that responsibility to one of my crew.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/20/14 at 12:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: jjracer636
10/20/14, 12:19 PM   #9
jjracer636

It was nice meeting you at kokomo dirt. Don't have the results as I was loading up after a tommy tip over and didn't see the finish of the race. I have a question for dad or any of the other sportsman guys. How much did you change your gearing tooth wise to run kokomo vs Montpellier. Just wondering how close it was as I may bring the micro up to Montpellier for the run what you brung just for fun. Thanks in advance

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/20/14, 12:41 PM   #10
DAD

JJ

Best I can remember it is quite a bit bigger up their at Montpelier.
Next response::: FORGET IT It wouldn't be Prudent. You could probably out run the majority of racers on the track but the size and weight difference wouldn't be in your favor in case you tangled with one of them Big Cars.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Klash Mini-Sprint Results?