IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mansfield (OH) $100,000 to win Sprints. April 27-28 2018.
8/17/17, 6:14 AM   #51
Re: Mansfield (OH) $100,000 to win Sprints. April 27-28 201
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
Maybe not from fans but car counts & as long as the fans come & the purse is paid, Status Quo.
I am not sure I understand what you are saying. I don't go to many wing shows anymore. What was the car count for the Kings Royal this year? I went to the very first one and if I remember right it 61 cars. With all the different divisions 305, 360, 410 the car counts are split more.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, nathans1012
8/17/17, 12:17 PM   #52
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I am not sure I understand what you are saying. I don't go to many wing shows anymore. What was the car count for the Kings Royal this year? I went to the very first one and if I remember right it 61 cars. With all the different divisions 305, 360, 410 the car counts are split more.
Looks like 53 took a time trial lap.

Knoxville and Kings Royal are even points races for WoO and there are no WoO provs. If they do get involved with Mansfield we need the same setup.

8/17/17, 4:36 PM   #53
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Does knoxville still invert the heats on qualifying night? I also think the top six in the kings royal were inverted and only took three from heats..

All I really meant is that the series caved to the owners IMHO in their formats. Starting heats straight up. Mulit car qualifying, Double file restarts.
Meh. I didn't see a pass one after the first lap at Mansfield. Granted the bottom of the track stayed fast. But it wasn't till the consi's that anybody tried the top. Or even tried packing it before it went green to do so.

1 member likes this post: tamati
8/17/17, 5:57 PM   #54
Sprintcarfanatic

I believe the WOO at Attica you are referring to is the Brad Doty Classic & the Atomic race was probably an All Star show. Either way both tracks have a decent following. Also Attica pays the top ten in track points the WOO sanction fee.

Lets reverse this a little bit. Would USAC let there drivers off if it was a 20 grand to win show but BOSS sanctioned ?

Yes Brent THE VERY FIRST 1 & maybe a couple of others had that much & when they did have 60 or more the format was different. They also had the fast qualifiers in the 3rd row until those mediocre fellas would put 1 or both of them in the B-Main or if they were the top 2 in Qualifying but then they got the last 2 spots (23rd & 24th).

I haven't spent the money on the All Stars or the WOO the last few yrs like I did. Since BOSS started I try to hit a few of there shows in the area.

Is this Sommers fella loaded or just taking a big chance ? Could be both but must be working out or he wouldn't be taking a big as chance than he is.

8/17/17, 6:45 PM   #55
BrentTFunk

Just didn't understand what you meant. I will be honest I think the lower car counts have more to do with dividing things into more classes 305, 360, 410 than any sanctioning body. There are less of what are now 410 cars than there used to be. Charles talks of the lack of passing at Mansfield, and it was unsanctioned. As for the formats at Knoxville and the King's Royal, both tracks run their own format, not the Outlaws format.

8/17/17, 9:21 PM   #56
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Does knoxville still invert the heats on qualifying night? I also think the top six in the kings royal were inverted and only took three from heats..

All I really meant is that the series caved to the owners IMHO in their formats. Starting heats straight up. Mulit car qualifying, Double file restarts.
Meh. I didn't see a pass one after the first lap at Mansfield. Granted the bottom of the track stayed fast. But it wasn't till the consi's that anybody tried the top. Or even tried packing it before it went green to do so.
Knoxville nationals heats invert 8...they used to invert 10. It is by far the toughest format. Larson qualified 15th on his prelim nite but with a feature invert of 8 he started on the front row because 7 cars that qualified faster did not make the show thru their heat. And you don't get your time back if you run the B.

8/17/17, 9:47 PM   #57
tamati

Charles is right I to did not see any passing in the heats.they do go fast but the racing really isn't that good.

2 members like this post: duel, OnTheHammer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mansfield (OH) $100,000 to win Sprints. April 27-28 2018.