IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jumbo Trons and the racers.
1/15/17, 10:42 AM   #1
Jumbo Trons and the racers.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

First off, Im not saying there's anything wrong with using all the tools available.

But Seriously, Watch the TV going down the front straight as a rear view mirror? Just not last night, I've heard em mention using it at Eldora. "OH, I seen him running down there on the TV so I figured I needed to take his line from him".

First off, Except for the super speedways like Indy, Talledega etc, Why do you need TV's (DURING THE RACE) Airing live racing when the tracks right in front of you. They need to turn em off. Or only show the replays or running orders and interviews.. or position them so the fans can see it but the racers cant.

Guess it's the age we live in. But I only watched the Mav Coverage and not the whole week. And seen numerous turn one cutoffs and subsequent cautions based on drivers reacting to what they seen on the big screen.

Like I said, I'd of blocked too if I had the talent to do both. Just don't feel it's pure racing, More like Mixing the video game in with racing.

Chuck Not bashing any driver for using tools available. Just think the TV's if needed, should be in the infield facing out.

4 members like this post: captrat, hoscalecody, SOROKACH35FAN, The Old Coyote
1/15/17, 2:34 PM   #2
Re: Jumbo Trons and the racers.
Sprintcarfanatic

Exactly why Nascar don't need mirrors also.

1/15/17, 2:34 PM   #3
badcoupe

Heck they were doing that at the rca dome back in the day.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
1/15/17, 2:52 PM   #4
cshuman

I've used the one at chili bowl and Lucas Oil Speedway almost every time on the track.. I like it haha

1/15/17, 3:57 PM   #5
treecitytornado

It allows crews and others in the Pits at Eldora, to be able to see the Racing action much easier than it used to be, before the Jumbo Trons!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/16/17, 1:26 AM   #6
chase2raudman

Race Count This Year: 5

Yea I definitely agree that it becomes a huge advantage for the racers in front. The only thing I like about it as a fan is being able to see replays and the running order. In my opinion it should be turned off during the A main at the very least. Possibly even the C's and B's. Pretty annoying when the guy running second is rolling the bottom catching the leader and he looks up at the big screen and changes his line...

1/16/17, 3:24 AM   #7

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I heard Bell mention it in the interview and I was impressed that he would be able to glance at the screen and still hit his line going into the corner. Sounds like it is more common than I thought. As a fan I like the chili bowl screen for running order, replays and the live action if you are caught away from your seat you can still watch from the smaller screens throughout the building.

Does this really change the outcome of races?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/16/17, 8:58 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Points View Post
I heard Bell mention it in the interview and I was impressed that he would be able to glance at the screen and still hit his line going into the corner. Sounds like it is more common than I thought. As a fan I like the chili bowl screen for running order, replays and the live action if you are caught away from your seat you can still watch from the smaller screens throughout the building.

Does this really change the outcome of races?
I meant the TV the racers can see while racing. And yes, In my view it caused several accidents when drivers slammed the door on guys behind them on the front straight tried to go under.

1/16/17, 5:43 PM   #9
Sprintcarfanatic

Is that what Darland did to Sammy.

1 member likes this post: trannyman
1/16/17, 6:30 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
Is that what Darland did to Sammy.
After watching both for nearly 30yrs. I've come to one solid conclusion. If your in the spot Sammy's nose is heading when he gets there. Your getting hit.

6 members like this post: 2HWrench, Dirteater, hoscalecody, jim goerge, jumpin14, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jumbo Trons and the racers.