IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
2/19/20, 8:21 PM   #21
Re: USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

#1 WoO hard to argue the success of this group
#2 USAC always a great group of racers
#3 Allstars Tony has made . . . . . The Allstar Sprints Great Again
#4 ASCS the line-up/passing points are beyond confusing

4 members like this post: fourteen fan, mc/rider, nodoors, oppweld
2/19/20, 10:01 PM   #22
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
So does that mean wings for USAC?
It would mean Wings for USAC or No Wings for WOO and the All Stars. They could also have Wing/Wingless Races throughout the schedules.

That would be up to the Single National Sprint Car Club/Series. That is what is so good about Sprint Car Racing, you don't have to always run a Wing so I would say it doesn't mean Wingless Racing is gone, it means that if you can Run with a wing and win and run without a Wing and win your on your way to a National Championship. A TRUE NATIONAL SPRINT CAR CHAMP.

1 National Series with the BEST Sprint Car Drivers in the Country competing on the same tracks with or without wings. That would be a very exciting and competitive Series.

The local Sprint Car Clubs would be able to compete with these GREAT drivers and the Local Race Teams can see where they stand as far as what they need to do to get better and be able to be competitive with the Touring Series.

2/19/20, 11:46 PM   #23
Jonr

ASCS let the engine costs get out of line, and now the series is starting to suffer. I used to really enjoy going to a national Tour event, but the last time I went I had a real hard time identifying any true stars. I also dislike the passing points formula. How a person can come in fourth in a heat and make the A main, but the person who finishes second in the same heat is in the B main is maddening.

2/20/20, 8:22 AM   #24
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
I have to Disagree about TV Coverage and purses. If Sprint Car Racing got a TV Contract that in and of itself would bring MONEY to the drivers and Bigger Purses at all events.

You say TV will not bring in fans well I have the privelage of watching TV at work when all the Aircraft maintenance is completed. We have MAVTV there No one I work with ever saw a Sprint Car race and had No Idea what they even were. I must say after watching a WOO Race the entire Crew want more and more Sprint Car Racing. They couldn't understand how the drivers could see witth all the dirt flyung so I had to explain what tear offs were. Now every tima a Sprint Car race is on MAVTV ther are 40 people sitting there in awe watching.

About 10 of them have come to Port Royal and Williamsgrove with me taking them to see it live they are hooked. So your idea about TV is way off not only from the spectator point but also the money point
Sounds like The 40 people you mention are watching on company time & likely getting paid!! Hell I’d watch golf on tv if I was getting paid to...
And all the supposed money it would bring in to the teams does nothing more than distance the haves & have nots

2 members like this post: Indy1808, PIT CART
2/20/20, 8:48 AM   #25
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
Sounds like The 40 people you mention are watching on company time & likely getting paid!! Hell I’d watch golf on tv if I was getting paid to...
And all the supposed money it would bring in to the teams does nothing more than distance the haves & have nots
Um, NO!! This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. if you believe this then you are either JEALOUS because we are allowed to watch TV while getting paid or you are Just plain *&%$#(( WOW unbelievable

2/20/20, 11:40 AM   #26
motorhead748

Quote:
Um, NO!! This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. if you believe this then you are either JEALOUS because we are allowed to watch TV while getting paid or you are Just plain *&%$#(( WOW unbelievable
So I was correct. You’re and coworkers are getting paid to watch TV. Ask them what they watch when off the clock. Next you’ll be suggesting overtime pay on the weekends if they’ll use that time to go to the track!!!!

2/20/20, 12:27 PM   #27
motorhead748

Quote:
And be 100% certain.... for you to mention that I’d be jealous of anyone is what’s unbelievable....if you only knew

2/20/20, 12:47 PM   #28
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
So I was correct. You’re and coworkers are getting paid to watch TV. Ask them what they watch when off the clock. Next you’ll be suggesting overtime pay on the weekends if they’ll use that time to go to the track!!!!
Dude whats your problem We watch TV all the time at work and all different shows When a Sprint Car race is on MAVTV we watch it. We also Watc Midget Racing and Dirt Mod Racing and Dirt Late Model Racing, we also watch movies News and YES even DVDs why is that so hard for you to comprehend My God some people are just plain mean and YES Jealous
Last edited by nodoors; 2/20/20 at 12:49 PM.

2/20/20, 2:20 PM   #29
Rpracing1

Quote:
Dude whats your problem We watch TV all the time at work and all different shows When a Sprint Car race is on MAVTV we watch it. We also Watc Midget Racing and Dirt Mod Racing and Dirt Late Model Racing, we also watch movies News and YES even DVDs why is that so hard for you to comprehend My God some people are just plain mean and YES Jealous
Hey Doors, Would you share with us where you work , because I want to apply there.

5 members like this post: Dougherty20, Indy1808, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racenut69
2/20/20, 2:51 PM   #30
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Hey Doors, Would you share with us where you work , because I want to apply there.
I wont tell you the Exact Company but I will tell you that Most Major Airlines allow this If all Aircraft Maintenance is completed and the Aircraft are ready to fly. Line Maintenance for Aircraft is like a fireman we put fires out (Maintenance During the day) and at Night is when the Inspections and heavier Maintenance takes place. So yes all shifts have down time the companies would rather have the Techs in one place (The Office) so as not to have to look for them if somethin happens. Planes are funny machines, they can break just sitting on the ground, they aren't made to sit they are made to fly with up 3000PSI on all seals. Those seals relax and **** starts leakin. for example, so TV is allowed
Last edited by nodoors; 2/20/20 at 2:55 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS