IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Purse
9/10/19, 5:34 PM   #1
USAC Purse
captrat

Have been hesitant to broach this subject as there has been much discussion. So I will direct this directly to USAC and indirectly to those on this forum. What is the explanation for the pitiful purse being paid in the Sprint Division? Tuscarora pays 52K, WoO don't even go there, etc. Great racing going unrewarded. At this rate it will shrink even more to a regional Indiana series and then what is the point of paying for a USAC sanction fee. Once again we watch great racers go to wing orgs. Remember when WoO came along and they were dismissed by USAC as just some sort of upstart group? In the words of the great philosopher Yogi Berra " it seems like deja vu all over again".

3 members like this post: Bayless74, bighd0522, tirespinner
9/10/19, 6:21 PM   #2
Non wing lover

Yes usac needs an substantial increase in pay especially in start monies there is a big dip in winnings once you get the top5 in the a main something needs to change like a pay cut for the president of usac Mr Kevin Miller after all isn't wasn't usac always a not for profit group at one time?

9/10/19, 6:36 PM   #3
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

In Indiana, Why pay more when you can get the same drivers for 1200 to win

9/10/19, 6:51 PM   #4
Re: USAC Purse
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

You buy a USAC sanction fee to use USAC's great insurance if needed. Also for all the other perks like mailed to you, or direct deposit purses and USAC officials history and write ups. All it's scheduling etc.

Im coming in at someone of a defense of USAC's payout. It's three times the purse of the highest weekly Indiana show and probably much more than that.. It brings in great competition and in most cases makes the tracks a good $$ in some cases enough for the track to survive the rest of the year on as most weekly shows without a ton of track sponsorship lose $$$

I hear about all these big show's paying big $$$ but they are usually two or three night shows where the prelude races make up the Saturday show's purse, Not to mention $50+ gate prices.

I got no problem with a racer wanting to improve on their position or race for more. But I think they'll find racing winged for real money cost three times as much also your going to find three times as many competing for the same $$. USAC has ten regulars, All stars 18, WOO 25. Beat any one of them and your accomplishing something.

IMO the only thing I wish usac could do is draw more and more loyal sponsors to it's racers. Seems they come, stay a couple years and gone. There's some WoO and LM sponsors who've done it for decades.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/10/19 at 6:57 PM.

1 member likes this post: Robbie
9/10/19, 8:34 PM   #5
Ntfsprint5w

Does USAC need a purse bump? sure. but lets not brag about 52k at port. Sure it was nice, if you won, but there was a 40k difference between 1st and second. paid 1500 or less from 12th on back. You really want to impress me and a group of drivers, knock the top heavy purses away and pay more throughout the field.

9/10/19, 9:27 PM   #6
Tqcrazy

56 sprint cars and a sold out crowd...I’m impressed 👌👌

9/10/19, 9:45 PM   #7
streetglider

Here is another analogy of how far USAC is behind the times. AJ Foyt made $23,728 for winning the Hoosier 100 in 1968. Tyler Courtney was victorious in this years Hoosier 100 and was paid a whopping $10,000. You can spin your defense of USAC any way you want, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the math on that one. 51 years later and racing for almost 14k LESS!!! Even I know that's bass akwards

9/10/19, 9:53 PM   #8
bgerster

What is the point of this debate? If you feel like the mid pack USAC guys are underpaid stop by their trailer and buy them a RR some night. There isn't a series in the country, sprint cars, late models, drag racing or Indy car that gets paid what they deserve. Just go buy a ticket and support your favorite series or track.

9/10/19, 10:13 PM   #9
cshuman

Bingo, Chris

2 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
9/10/19, 10:21 PM   #10
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
In Indiana, Why pay more when you can get the same drivers for 1200 to win
So what's the answer then?